23

"I have a few conditions if we go." Jake says "We're only going once and it has to be at night. I'm not taking any risk. You need to learn some type of self defense."

He glances over at me and is already annoyed.

"Can you...not be so excited about going into an active war zone..." Jake gripes

He leans on the metal railing of the bridge that looked over the massive heaven's gate territory, crossing his arms and looking down at me.

"No? I...I'm not" I say trying to hide it and had to cover my face just from smiling. He continues to glare at me and it begins to make me nervous "I'm only smiling because you are staring at me"

Jake sighs

"I mean not like that!" I say trying to recorrect what I had just said. "I just...when you look at me it makes me nervous so I start to...smile....ugh" realizing that doesn't sound any better.

I can see him beginning to weaken but also try to control his own emotions "I really can't take you like this."

"Ok I'll stop I swear. You can continue"

Attempting to not make eye contact but as we both make eye contact again it seems both of us can't handle it.

"You are driving me insane" he responds in frustration, trying to not smile himself.

"Are you lying" I say playfully crossing my arms behind my back and tilting my head.

"Levy don't do this me" he turns his head "anyways as I was saying..." Jake sighs "I need you to learn how to use a gun"

"Ok. Can I also add a condition?"

"No."

"Why?"

"When did you start being so defiant about everything" Jake asks turning his head back to look at me

"So I wasn't like this before? How was I like?"

"Heh. You almost got me there." He says holding a finger up to me "almost fell for that one"

And I just laugh "i don't know what you're talking about"

I can see him starting to let his guard down and underneath his armor is aching heartbreak that hasn't healed.

"You definitely know exactly what I'm talking about" Jake sends back

"You act like I'm some witch going to cast a manipulation spell"

Jake looks down at me "you sure you don't remember"

"So I was a witch?"

"No"

I pause for a moment trying to ponder other things "a demon?"

Jake doesn't respond

"So I'm right?" I fold both my arms over the railing. Laying my head over them. He just rolls his eyes and sighs "So I use to be a demon to you? How did we even get along then?"

"We didn't"

"You're definitely lying."

"Keep this up and I'll change my mind about taking you to Hallelujah Point." He throws back