49

If there was one thing Seze wasn't going bare it was hardship when my mother's home was turned into a sanctuary for the sick and injured she would always use her pretty eyes to find somewhere to stay.

Some hopeless man would take her in for a day, for a week, for months until she got sick of him

or for better words...When Jake was around.

One arm drapped over a chair as he swished his cup around. Contemplating drinking the herbal medicine, that he very much hated. But he was sick and I wouldn't feed him anything else. Not even Mo'at or anyone in the clan would offer him any other food if he didn't drink his medicine, for that matter.

"Hi" Seze says taking a seat next to him. Her tone was soft and sultry as she still tries to pine after Jake..

"What are you doing here" he asks flatly not even needing to glance over to know it's his worst nightmare.

"I live here silly" she giggles and to Jake, it rings almost like the sound of metal scraping.

"No" he corrects "I mean...what are you doing here?" He emphasizes circling his vicinity.

"Jake it's dinner communion, of course I'd be here, everybody is here" she says while also flipping her hair.

"So is my wife"

"I'm sorry I wasn't listening," she starts "You look sick"

Seze reaches over to place the back of her hand on his cheek but Jake leans back.

"Don't touch me" he warns her taking a sip of the medicine only to hold back gagging on the bitter taste.

"Aw" she flirts cupping her face "If you need someone to take care of you I can surely help"

"I'd rather die then" he mumbled more to himself than anything. "My wife is taking care of me" Jake says

"Funny, because you're not wearing your wedding ring" Seze notes touching his hand that was draped over his chair. "It must not be that important"

He doesn't speak, eyes turn to look at her and for a moment Seze feels like maybe she has Jake.

But he only turns to face her.....

"Because I have it" I spoke showing up behind Seze. She freezes pulling her hand back from Jake as I walk around her.

My hands brush over Jake's shoulders as he reached out to kiss my wrist. His eyes look up at me like I was some angelic being in his presence.

"Baby" he says as I sit in his lap. His strong arm draped around my waist and he leans down to kiss my temple. My eyes glared over at Seze. To remind her that this was my territory. Jake raises his hand for me to slide his ring back on. "Thank you for cleaning it for me"

And I smile at him. "Of course," as I lay my head into his chest. Taunting Seze with what she'll never have.

"Do you plan to not answer your Olo'eyktan?" I ask her, who furrows her brows and pretends to not be rattled. "Or would you rather answer to me?"

"Please Levy" she scoffs "Your intimidation won't work on me, I grew up with you"

"Careful" Jake warns nonchalantly

"You still need your big bad husband to protect you?" Seze says in the most condescending tone she could muster but it was enough for me to stand up and choke her.

"He is warning you, not me" I snarl at her baring my fangs as I tighten my grip. "I don't need Jake to protect me."

"Let go!" She chokes out digging her nails into my arm but many matches with Jake have taught me that I have a very high pain tolerance. He sits there still looking down at his drink and whistling to himself.