ApollymiLover4Ever

Originally posted in May of 2013 on Quizilla

*Name requested by QT

Name: Suzume*

Meaning: sparrow

Life story: 

Your life was good enough for a half-breed. It was mainly just you and your mother; you'd only seen your father once. Your mother gave you the strength to put up with the cruel treatment which your peers subjected you to. You kept that strength with you even after she died from an illness. With nothing left for you in the village, you left.

You knew that your father always roamed the outskirts of the village, so you searched the area in hopes of finding him. You eventually came upon a raccoon-dog demon who was searching over the blood-stained corpse of a cat demon. You're blood ran cold.

"What happened here?" you asked, knowing that the raccoon-dog was not responsible for this by the fact that he didn't have even one drop of blood on him.

"Hmm?" the raccoon-dog replied, apparently just noticing you. He snickered, "Oooh, the cat had a half-breed runt, did he?"

"What do you mean?" you asked. "That can't be my—"

"—Your father?" he said a snicker. "Yes, yes, I can smell his blood in you, heheh."

"What happened here?" you repeated.

"Well, a fight of course," the tanuki answered. "The other demon... hmm, I think he said his name. What was it now... Kohaku... ...Suzaku... Naraku! Yes, it was Naraku! 

"I could've sworn the cat had al shard of the Jewel of Four Souls on him, but I can't find it anywhere. That Naraku must have snatched it. Pity. Oh well. Plenty of other things on him; like his sword. Now where is it? Maybe in the sheath?"

"Don't touch him," you hissed when the tanuki reached for your father.

He began laughing hysterically. "Ah, half-breed thinks it can threaten me? How amusing. No, nothing here, anyhow. So be it; it's yours. Count yourself lucky this time, half-breed."

The raccoon-dog scurried away, and you relaxed for a moment before being alerted by the presence of another demon nearby. You walked to where you sensed to presence coming from, and happened upon a two-tailed cat demon licking its paw. You were aware that, although they generally assumed a small, innocent appearance, that two-tailed cat demons were capable of growing into large, monstrous creatures at will. Yet the little demon made no move to do so. Interest waning, you turned around and walked away from the two-tailed cat demons, only to hear the pitter patter of tiny feet behind you. You stopped and turned around to see the two-tailed cat demons following you. After a moment you smiled, bemused.

"Alright," you said, "you can come. Just mind yourself."

Your mother had always been your one reason to live, and you had hoped to find new reason with your father. Having seen his lifeless body, drenched in blood like that, you found new reason: to find this Naraku and make him pay for what he'd done. And you knew just had to do it.

"I sensed it over here—I'm sure of it!" you heard a voice say. Looking down from the tree branch you were sitting on, your eyes met those of a lone human girl. "Over here!" she said, and as if on cue, several others ran to stand next to her.

"What do you want, human?" you asked, equally suspicious as well as confused.

"Your jewel shard!" another voice said, and you turned your head towards the location of the voice, only just noticing a half dog demon.