inuyashaluver143

Originally posted in April of 2012 on Quizilla

Name: Masumi

Meaning: true clarity

Life story: 

Your village has always had a priestess. While growing up, the village priestess was an old family friend. At the age of seven, you and your older sister were trained by her to become priestess yourselves. After eight years of training, the village priestess died. Your sister, being the eldest, took her place, and you decided to travel and help those who need it.

Your help ended up being greatly needed.

When word spread that the Jewel of Four Souls had returned, the already dangerous world further plummeted into chaos. Much more than before.

Villages in ruins. People slaughtered. People were grateful to see a priestess come their way, and you helped as many as you could. You made blessings, said prayers and helped in any other ways you could.

Continuously, you wandered from place to place, unaware of what lied ahead, or how dangerous it might be. That ended up getting you into trouble once, actually.

You had been walking up a cliff on the edge of a mountain having been told there was a village on the other side. You hadn't been lied to; your informant just failed to tell you that. You reached the top of the mountain and, much to your annoyance, it was foggy and cold. You probably should have expected that, though.

You cautiously walked across the small surface of the mountain, putting one foot slightly ahead so that you would know if there was something ahead, or the elevation changed.

Then you felt someone grab you from behind, and a knife go to your throat. There wasn't enough area for you to escape and shoot him, and due to the dense fog you wouldn't have even been able to see your assailant. That meant you couldn't use your bow and arrow or hand to hand combat. If you tried anything, your throat would be slit in a second.

It was after your realized this that another thing dawned upon you. That wasn't a knife against your throat. It was a claw.

"What is it that you want from me?" you said in the most nonchalant tone you could manage.

You heard only a growl, followed by a tighter grip, and the claw digging slightly into your throat, drawing a little blood. Whatever it was this demon wanted from you, it was definitely something you didn't want to give him. Nothing you could talk your way out of, and it didn't look like you were going to have any choice in the matter.

Luckily, you never had to find out, for at that moment you heard a battle cry.

"Iron Reaver Soul Stealer!"

And before the demon could react, his arm was struck, splattering blood on your uniform and causing the demon to pull his arm back, crying in pain.

You resisted the urge to run, since there was a good chance that you may have ended up running off a cliff.

Gasping after you felt someone grab your arm, you quickly calmed down once you saw a young woman holding some sort of torch.

"Quick, before he can get to you again; follow me," she said. You nodded and got up when she did; the torch didn't help much, but it was enough to help you get to the other side of the mountain's face without falling off any cliffs. Almost as soon as you exited the fog, a dog demon came out, sheathing his sword. Your eyes widened, and you quickly stepped back in fear.