Chapter 30- Ghost

Veronica POV

I can't believe Alex is mad at me to the point where she rather stay out there in the truck in the middle of the night, all by herself, than to swallow her ego and come with us.

Of course, I am pissed at her because she made me felt embarrassed but I didn't wanna leave her out there by herself.

What if something happened to her?

"Hey." Ryan said, snapping me out of my thoughts and I glanced at him as he drove.

"You okay?" He asked and I slowly nodded my head.

"Are you sure? Cause you look kinda worried."

"I'm fine. I'm just... tired and hungry."

"I have dinner at home. Chicken Alfredo?" He said as he smiled.

"Just... take me home. I wanna shower. I'm exhausting." I said softly as I sniffled my nose.

"Okay. No problem, beautiful." He said as he sighed before he directed his eyes back on the road.

"Hey, isn't it weird that she wanna stay out there all by herself?" He asked as he chuckled softly but I didn't say anything, I just stared blankly at the street lights.

"She's one tough woman though. You know, I wouldn't even know she was a woman if I didn't hear her voice today? Ha!" He laughed.

"Could've fooled your mother. He is the man of her dreams." I said sarcastically as I folded my arms and leaned my head against the window.

"Haha! Nah, cause ma would've flipped if she knew 'he' was a 'she'. Uh-man. These dykes nowadays, hard to know what their genders really are, ya know."

"You know, her name is Alex?" I scoffed softly.

"Oops. My bad, beautiful." He chuckled softly while holding his hands up in defense before placing them back on the steering wheel."

"But did you saw the way she looked at me?"

"How was she looking at you?"

"Angry. Like, her eyes said it all, and she was definitely pissed at me for some reason." He scoffed softly.

"Well- why would she be mad at you? She doesn't even know you."

Yeah, she was definitely pissed at you.

"Clueless." He shrugged.

"I don't think she was-"

"What happened out there with you both?" He blurted out.

"What?" I asked, curiously.

"I mean, how did she saved you? What happened out there?"

"I- uh.. it's not.. that serious.. I.. just don't.. wanna talk about it right now." I stuttered as the images of the dead bodies flashed in my head, and I held on to it as I closed my eyes.