"Revenge"

Ghost Riley's pov:

The loud detonation of the elevator could be heard across the canal and everywhere. I was alone meters away from the tower. I was on a balcony of the military airport ready to kill my targets with the sniper.

Hesh's channel went offline. He was dead.

He was killed in action.

Clearly we all knew that one of the two of them was not going to make it out of that elevator alive. It was one of them or both of them or everyone in the tower...and he decided to put his life before everyone. Before Maely's life.

I could hear Maely's loud crying and screaming over the channel...it broke my heart to hear her cry so inconsolably. Her cries just made me want to run to her and hold her tight and never let her go.

I know how much Hesh meant and will continue to mean to her.....

"We're going down the emergency stairs. Has Shepherd been located yet?" Keegan said over the channel.

"Negative, no sign of his presence." Farah said.

"He-he's here. Makarov mentioned him." This time Maely said while her voice tried not to crack.

/ /

Maely's pov:

I was still on the floor hugging my own legs as my tears ran down my cheeks and touched my uniform.

I couldn't stop remembering Hesh's last words to me.....

"Stop crying baby, everything will be alright. We will see each other in our next life, I swear. I love you with all my life, Maely. I will always love you-"

I don't want to accept this...I don't want to, I can't...I just can't.

"Charlie, come on. We gotta move." Keegan said as he stood in front of the door to the stairs.

I didn't move, I couldn't. I couldn't feel my body, nor did I have the will of my own to move.

"Charlie? Come on." Keegan repeated to me again.

I jerked my head toward his face-"I-I can't."

"M-maely, we have to go." Nohan knelt down in front of me and said in his sad voice.

"No. I won't go."

"Maely, we must go on." Nohan repeated.

Nohan grabbed my arm lightly but I pulled it out of his grip as quickly as possible-"NO! I CAN'T GO ON WITHOUT HESH! WITHOUT HESH NOTHING MAKES SENSE!"

Then Logan grabbed me roughly by my arm and pulled me up- "LET'S GO NOW!" Logan said almost yelling at me.

"NO- GET OFF ME-"

"ENOUGH! NOW! We must go on! Or was David's sacrifice in vain?! He gave his life for you! So that you will finish what we all started, even if it hurts or you can't...YOU MUST DO IT! Not for you...no! DO IT FOR THOSE WHO ARE NO LONGER HERE! FOR MY FATHER, FOR MY BROTHER, FOR MERRICK, FOR RILEY, FOR AJAX, FOR TORCH AND FOR GRIM! SO DRY YOUR TEARS AND FINISH WHAT YOU STARTED, WHAT YOU SWORE BY BEFORE YOU PUT ON THAT MASK FOR THE FIRST TIME!"  Logan yelled at me as he squeezed my arm.

"Calm down-" Nohan stepped between Logan and me to stop him, but I put my other free hand on Nohan's back- "no...it's okay. He's right. I must finish what I swore to do from day zero. Because our blood was spilled more than 3 times...because we all came out after the storm in the desert, the traumas and the temptation...because we were named Ghosts for a reason. It is time to prove to the enemy that he is not indestructible."