Thirty- Two

S:

"Mommy, look!" Stepping out of my closet, she gives me a big cheesy giggle. "They're big..." She points down to her feet, since she's wearing a pair of my high heels.

Smiling lightly, I nod my head lazily. "You're still a little girl, that's why." I'm laying in bed, running my fingers through Hudson's soft curls.

His head is in my lap, eyes twitching as he journeys through a dream land.

"Mommy?" She slides out of my shoes, jumping onto the bed gently to crawl up next to me.

"Yes?" Wrapping my arm around her, I pull her into me, lips immediately landing on her forehead.

"Do we have to go to daddy's?" She sighs, pouting like all four year olds do.

"Yes, of course you do. It's his weekend, aren't you excited to see him?" I crease a brow, stunned that she would even ask that... usually she loves going to Lindsey's house for the weekend.

"Yea," She nods her head, eyes still sad. "I don't wanna see Tammy..." she admits, which immediately causes me to sigh.

"Honey, is Tammy gonna hang out at daddy's?" I know she comes and stays occasionally, but not all the time and usually never when they're there.

"They're gonna take us to a stupid musical." She wrinkles up her nose, and for a moment she looks just like Bridget.

"That's a naughty word, Lena. We don't say that," I raise a brow, trying not to smirk as she does the same. "Are you ready to get around for your play date?" I ask, eyes falling back towards Hudson, who is slowly starting to open his eyes.

"Can we swim?" He asks abruptly, sitting up as fast as he can.

"Yes, if you go get your swim trunks and your bathing suit on right now." I try to sound just as excited as he is, because then he might actually move faster than a snail.

"Got it!" He jumps up, jabbing me in the side with his elbow in the process of climbing out of the bed.

"I need you..." Lena whispers, fingers tangling in between mine. She is a very independent girl... most of the time, but she's still so small of her age- she struggles with separation. Sounds a lot like me actually.

"Come on, sweet girl." I slide off the bed, holding both of her hands as she hurries across my bed and right into my arms. "What swimsuit do you wanna wear?" I carry her down the hallway, letting her down once we make it to her room.

"Ariel," She sits down on the carpet, watching me dig through her drawer to find her mermaid bathing suit.

"Here, dear." Lying it down on her bed, I remind her the tag goes in the back and then I sneak out of her room to check on Hudson. "You got it?" I ask, even though he's already trailing down the hall with his towel and his floaty.

It isn't long until there's a bunch of kids, wearing life jackets and jumping off the diving board while the mothers drink wine and chit chat. Over the last couple of years, I've grown kind of close to the younger moms, even if it is a little awkward at times. They're all in their mid- twenties, one is even close to forty and they all have problems of their own.