Sunghoon #1

ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴏꜱꜱᴇꜱꜱɪᴠᴇ ʏᴀɴᴅᴇʀᴇ

ⁱ ˡᵒᵛᵉ ʸᵒᵘ ᵐᵒʳᵉ ᵗʰᵃⁿ ⁱ ᵖˡᵃⁿⁿᵉᵈ

Your eyes darted around to check if there was anybody watching you as you stood infront of the huge gate. You quietly and cautiously climbed up the gate and entered inside the library premises. It was quiet and dark all over as it should be. You checked the time. It was 1 AM. Perfect. Neither too early for anyone to pass through this quiet lane, nor too late for you to be in a hurry to leave soon. You looked at the massive, ancient library infront of you. Entry inside this library was prohibited. Anyone who tried to get inside was to be severely punished by whoever owned this place. Why? You may think. Well no one knows for sure. But whoever got caught, never came back.

But here you were. This was your first time here. You were way too curious to let this slip. You wanted to see how bad this could be. Plus you loved reading...in the dark.

You looked around to find a discrete way to get inside. The main door may not be the best idea. You soon found a window. Not too high but high enough. You climbed up the tree, beside the window and crept inside the window. You looked inside. It was dark but the moonlight and starlight provided enough vision for you to see around. There were racks full of books and a cosy couch right beside the window. The place looked wonderful. You realised that you forgot your torch. You sighed and looked through the books. Classic literature. Classic romance, history, mystery, triller. All of them dating back to a few centuries. You tucked one of them under your shirt. Your elder sister used to tell you that stealing books weren't alled stealing. It's called art. Art of obtaining knowledge. Art of obtaining freedom and wisdom. Atleast that's what she told you so that you wouldn't snitch about it to your parents.

You suddenly grew curious of what the other library rooms had to offer. You made your way to the next room. One by one you sneaked into each and every single one of them. You were so indulged in the books you were going through that you forgot the fact that you were in a forbidden library.

"You love literature, don't you?"

You dropped the book from your hand and looked at the direction of the voice. It was too dark for you to make out his face. He slowly started stepping towards you.

"Well then you must have heard of the English proverb 'Curosity killed the cat' didn't you?"

You backed from him as he approached you. As he came closer, his features slowly started getting more prominent. Pale skin shining in the moonlight, mesmerizing eyes, jaw sculpted perfectly by the gods and hair falling ever so elegantly on his pretty forehead.

You backed until your back hit the wall. He came closer to trap you between the wall and him.

"Dumb ways to die."

"Why is this place forbidden?"

"Some things are better off as secrets. This place is art. And art belongs in the museum. Enough for you to see but never enough for you to touch or own it."

He grabbed your waist with one hand and pulled out the book tucked under your shirt with another. He snickered.

"Really?"

You were supposed to be afraid right now but you weren't. You stared straight up into his eyes.

"Will you kill me?"

He smirked and leaned closer. You could feel his breath on your lips as he kept on leaning. His cheek pressed against yours as he whispered onto your ears.

"You intrigue me. I don't want to kill you. But..."

He leaned back and rested his forehead against yours.

"I can't let you go for free. I own you from this moment onwards. You're mine. Forever."