Snow day

(This is kinda of a sad one)

It was snowing a lot outside. The news said that there was going to be a snow storm so all the avengers were staying inside wrapped around blankets and drinking hot chocolate. Everyone seemed happy that they had a day off but Steve really wasn't. He seemed a bit on edge and worried like something was stuck on his mind.

Bucky was on there shared bed wrapped around a blanket reading some fantasy book he got from a book store. He had the lights off but a small lamp that was on his night stand was lighting up his side of the room. Steve enters the room with worry and guilt written all over his face. Steve lays besides the brunette and resting his head on his shoulder. Steve didn't have to say anything but Bucky knew something was off with his lover.

"What's wrong Stevie?" Bucky asked as his started to examine his boyfriend a little.

"It's snowing a lot outside..." Steve said in a frail and deleted tone.

"Uh huh...why is the snow bothering you?"

"It was snowing like how it was when I...when I lost you.." Steve let out a weak sob after he said that sentence traveling why he was so melancholy.

It was snowing hard the day Steve lost Bucky from that train. The day they were separated for so long.

"Oh Steve..it's not you're fault for that.." Bucky said as he put the book down and wrapped his arms around Steve in order to comfort him.

"Yes it is...I couldn't grab you in time.." he chocked out as he wiped a tear from his face.

As Steve's face turn to sadness Buckys face turned into guilt.

"It's not your fault Steve...it's mine." Bucky stated

"How is it your fault.." Steve looked up at him confused his eyes shining with tears.

"I let myself go Steve..." Bucky said confessing to what he has done.

"What-what do you mean you let yourself go"Steve asked confused as tears continued to stream down his face.

"I knew that I would only hold you back..that you had Peggy waiting for you..I felt I was no longer in use for you so I just let go" Bucky confessed tears starting to stream down his own cheeks.

Steve and Bucky hugged each other tightly and cried into each others arms comforting one another to what had happened in the past.