Confession (angst)

Steve had been on a mission for 4 months with Tony. And since the mission was dangerous and never ending he barely had anytime to talk to his husband. The longest conversation they had while he was out was for 20 minutes.

Bucky hated when Steve was out for missions this long but he understood thats why he was always super clingy when he would come back.

They returned on a Sunday morning it was sunny out and the rest of the avengers were eating breakfast in the kitchen and living room.

They entered the room and Bucky immediately got up from his seat and jumped on Steve.

Steve caught him and kissed him on the cheek.

"I've missed you so muuuch" Bucky snuggled into Steve happy as hell that his husband has returned. Everyone welcomed them back and things went back to normal except for one thing.

Steve and Tony were acting weird. Like they had some secret they couldn't tell anyone. And it was noticeable for Bucky Natasha and Clint which led them to talk about in the night theme when everyone else was asleep.

They met in the living and sat on the couch to discuss what they thought was happening.

"You think someone may have died in the trip? Maybe a citizen they couldn't save?" Clint questioned knowing they would feel guilty about that.

"I don't think so I think one of them did something bad and the others found out and now they have to hide it." Natasha stated

"Maybe I could ask Steve what's going on he always tells me about the mission when he comes home." Bucky yarned being tired already.

"Alight ask him in the morning and we'll talk again tomorrow night." Natasha stated ending the meeting and they all went to bed.

In the morning while Steve was still asleep Bucky made coffee for the two of them and went back to there room. All Bucky had to do was put the coffee next to Steve's nose and he woke up.

"You made coffee" Steve groaned happily still tired.

"Mhm" Bucky hummed as he sat down holding his mug and Steve grabbed his.

Steve took his first sip and Bucky cleared his throat.

"Stevie can we talk?" Bucky asked looking up at Steve sipping his coffee.

"Yeah what's up" Steve answered.

"Are you hiding something front me?" Bucky asked hoping he was just being paranoid.

Steve just froze. He swallows his coffee and scratched the back of his neck not even looking at Bucky.

This scared Bucky more. He put his mug on his nightstand and sat in front of Steve on there bed.

"Steve look at me.." Bucky whispered hoping he was just being paranoid. "You're not hiding anything right?" He asked his eyes starting to bring glossy with tears.

Steve looked up at him and Bucky could just tell Steve did something wrong.

"What did you do.." Bucky whispered scared of what his husband has done.

Steve put his mug on his nightstand and held both of Buckys hands together with his.

"Bucky I love you..okay..please don't be mad at me.." Steve muttered

"What did you do Stevie" Bucky whined scared of what his husband did.

"I cheated on you.." Steve confessed

Bucky froze. His tears starting to pour down his face. His brows knitted together and his mouth frowned.

"You're lying..tell me you're lying!" Bucky cried moving his hands out of Steves and moving back.

"I'm not I'm sorry.." steve whispered

"With who..some random guy off the street..." Bucky asked

"With Tony" Steve sighed.

Bucky just started to cry more. He always paranoid that Steve would one day cheat and now he has. He couldn't express his pain by words so he just cried.

Steve was disappointed with himself and he didn't know what to do. He comforted Bucky by locking him in a hug and petting his head slowly.

"I'm so sorry Bucky It was a mistake. He started to cry.

"How many times did you cheat me with him." Bucky cried needing to know everything now.

"Just once when we were in the mission. I slept with him.

"How could you do this to me Stevie I would never cheat on you." He cried into Steve's chest.

"I don't know it just happened in so sorry please forgive me.." Steve begged

Bucky sat up and looked at Steve.

"I forgive you just please don't cheat on me ever again." He cried

"I won't I promise"

The rest of the day was a blur he couldn't bother to look or even be in the same room as Tony and completely ignored and avoided everyone. Clint and Nat were the first ones to noticed this and asked him about at night when they met up again.

"What happened Bucky what did Steve tell you" Clint asked fearing what was making his Friend like this.

"He cheated on me.." Bucky whispered sounding like he was gonna cry again. "With Tony"

Natasha and Clint were at a lost for words they didn't exactly something like this to happen but they comforted Steve.

"Want me to punch him" Natasha asked Bucky and she got a head shake no for a response.

The next couple of weeks were just awkward and uncomfortable but after some time they went back to being the couple they once was and they never cheated ever again.