Comfort in the moonlight

Idea from 92108hello

It was the middle of the night and Steve was sound asleep next to the person he loved and cherished. For Bucky on the other hand he was battling things in his mind. Having flashbacks of Hydra and what they used to do to him. This caused him to turn over and over with sweat started to form all over his body. One last memory made him wake up. He sat up quickly gasping for air and covering his ears.

longing
rusted
seventeen
daybreak
furnace
nine
benign
homecoming
one
freight car

It kept on repeating in his head so he quickly grasped his phone and headphones and started listening to his loud music. He started playing one of his favorite songs trying to drown out those hypnotizing words. He was unaware that he was breathing heavily causing Steve to wake up. He sat up next to him and immediately knew to comfort him. He wrapped his big arms around Buckys chest and laid his lovers head in his chest. Bucky nuzzled into his affection and when the music stopped he took off the headphones.
"What was it about this time?" Steve questioned already having a guess of what it was.

"Hydra" Bucky mumbled. "Sometimes if I disobeyed them that would...experiment on me...usually pumping me with some stuff or just torturing me.." he sighed and nuzzled into Steve more wanting more affection from his lover.

Steve didn't know how to respond but he continued to comfort Bucky rubbing his back and petting his head while also giving him some words of love and affection. Bucky fell asleep after 30 minutes but Steve couldn't. Bucky was still suffering from what happened to him back at hydra and he doesn't even know everything yet. He knows Bucky is keeping some secrets from him or leaving out parts of a story. He knows Bucky does it so he doesn't feel so guilty but it only makes him feel more guilty.

A/N: hope you enjoyed this I might make a part 2 to this of bucky opening up more about what had happened to him. Also I'm sorry for not writing in a while allergies are brutal.