Ideally, I'd Be With You: Part one

Heyyyy. This is a short little story thing, this being the first chapter.
Basically, Quackity works at a grocery store and Wilbur works at the coffee shop inside of it

Quackity huffs as he pulls out his green box cutter, slicing through the tape on the cardboard of just the first box out of many.

He opens the box up, the sound of cardboard against cardboard rather loud as a customer walks past, paying him no attention.

Then he starts shelving cans of salsa, one earbud plugged in as he listens to music and makes the shelf look a little nicer.

Once Quackity steps back, surveying his work and declaring it finished, he shuffles across tables with baked goods to the clearance spot tucked into a corner where his friend Karl stands, checking the prices and shelving items for their last chance to be purchased.

"Hey," He says with a short wave, crossing his arms and leaning on the bit of uncovered wall next to the cart Karl's pulling from.

His friend looks over his shoulder, smiling when he sees Quackity and his beanie.

"Hey to you too." Karl sets a plastic pack of six cupcakes on a lower shelf, squatting to do so. Then, with a frown, he stands up again and faces Quackity. "You know, anytime I see a parent pass through here with their kids I feel-"

"Pity?" Quackity finishes, raising an eyebrow that Karl shakes his head to, sighing afterward and looking around as if checking to make sure no one can hear them.

"That sounds too harsh," Karl says with a scoff, leaning towards Quackity, then clearing his throat and gesturing to the assortment of muffins, donuts, cookies, and just about every well-known baked sweet displayed on the tables infront of them. "I just feel bad." He eyes Quackity, most likely searching to see if he relates. "It's so obvious they want some. But the parent never gets any."

Quackity hums, thinking for a moment and shrugging. "Don't. Me and Sapnap used to laugh at that from afar."

Karl pauses, shaking his head slightly. "And me and Sapnap laughed whenever you walk past anyone taller than you," Karl tells him proudly, a small smirk on his face as he shelves two bags of bread rolls. "We hardly got a word in all day."

Quackity blinks, standing up straighter with a huff and glaring disprovingly at the other. Karl just giggles at him, making him deflate like a beach ball and wave dismissively. "Yeah, whatever, Karl." He turns around. "You guys didn't get a word in because you were too busy shoving your tongue down the others' throat."

Karl gasps, raising his hands. "Quackity!" He whisper-yells at him as best as possible, once again observing his surroundings before frowning. "Somebody could have heard that."

Karl's reaction- along with the pink painted across his face- only earns a chuckle and shit-eating grin from Quackity. "But nobody did," He says, voice high-pitched and singsongy. "Nobody heard."

Karl just places some muffins on the shelf. "Not funny," He mumbles, patting his face with the sleeves of his purple button-up as if it will help clear away his blush. "Go do your job and pretend to hate it."

"Fine, fine," Quackity groans, but he stops to put a hand on Karl's shoulder. "Too bad Sapnap's not here though, I bet he likes it when you wear purple."

Karl huffs, deciding to remain composed this time as he shrugs. "Yeah he does," He says calmly, grabbing two boxes of packs of gum. "But he was promoted to another store."

"Dude, imagine getting separated from your boyfriend."

"Dude, imagine not having a boyfriend," Karl quips, successfully making Quackity stutter as he processes the reply, then crosses his arms again.