The Moon Dips, My Heart Rises Like The Tide: Part Three

Heyyyy last vampire au chapter 😁 hopefully you like it and sorry for the wait

Okay, to be fair maybe Quackity wasn't thinking when he came up with this idea.

But it's a little too late to back out now and retreat to his room like an antisocial teenager when there's somebody new in the house. Plus, it would be very rude of him to refuse considering he offered all of this.

As in, he has got himself stuck with Wilbur for the night. A whole ass vampire in his house, which, at least he did a tiny bit of thinking and suggested it here rather than Wilbur's own place. Since, yes, although he is trying to gather evidence to prove Wilbur is a vampire, he wants to do so in one whole piece with no blood sucked from his neck.

Okay, half of that 'want' statement is true. Sort of. But that isn't the point. Heh, get it. Because his teeth are pointy- Jesus Quackity needs to get a grip of himself.

The point is Quackity has twenty minutes until Wilbur should be here and Quackity is currently stressing, bouncing around the counter as he prepares dinner while also hurriedly scrolling on his phone, a second screen to help provided by his laptop, searching for ways to get direct proof of the vampire he's about to pet into his house.

But after seeing things such as pitchforks and holy water, Quackity has to look a little harder and be a bit more specific. He doesn't want to hurt Wilbur. In fact, the whole main thing he wants is for a self-confession to (romantically?) take place, to hear the words 'I'm a vampire'' fall from Wilbur's lips. That would be ideal. But Quackity isn't going to rely on Wilbur for it, not entirely, so here he is half researching about his neighbor (again) and half making a hopefully good dinner for two.

But of course, the dumbass of a vampire that his neighbor is doesn't really do much besides lurk in shadows around the block. So he's here early and fine, Quackity will let him have this because they live right next to each other, and both are unemployed people (?) lounging in their houses. Quackity only wonders for a second if vampires go to work.

He nearly trips as he scrambles off of the couch, closing his laptop to hide away the amount of vampire information websites he had up. A totally normal amount, he's sure. He finds his footing and slips his phone into his pocket just as the knocking ends. Quackity opens the door.

And Wilbur's standing there. Not that it wasn't what he was expecting, but-

It's just this all sort of hits him right here and now. They're having dinner together at his house, he and Wilbur, who happens to not only be attractive but also a vampire.

Which, if Quackity could just be normal around his neighbor for a damn second, should send off alarms in his head. The loudest, most blaring noise ever should be ringing through his head, telling him to close the door and barricade this place because the person standing in front of him isn't exactly human and is in fact, dangerous.

But Quackity realizes at this moment he hasn't yet ever truly associated the word danger with Wilbur yet. He may have gotten spooked the other day, taken off guard by seeing Wilbur with blood on his face. But in the end, he hasn't been genuinely scared that it makes him want to hide away from Wilbur.

Rather, it's the opposite.

He hopes that maybe tonight he shines just bright enough for Wilbur that it takes his secrets out of the dark.

So, with a determined and polite smile, Quackity nods his head at Wilbur with a hum. "Hello, Wilbur."

Wilbur blinks, then smiles back and nods back. It's all formal. "Quackity."

They stumble a little over awkward glances and a deep breath from Quackity's end. Wilbur looks down at his hands, making Quackity look down too. He blinks and steps aside and Wilbur smiles at him right as he opens his mouth.