Ideally, I'd Be With You Part Four

Heyyyy guys sorry for the delay of this chapter (and for any mistakes)

Quackity, in an understatement, felt rather ecstatic right now.

Normally these things don't work out for him. But- somehow- it seems like it is working out? Worked out?

He doesn't know how to describe it exactly.

No matter. Whether or not Quackity can put it into proper words doesn't change the fact that holy hell he just got invited to dinner (was it dinner?) by Wilbur, the man whose been on his mind lately.

Brown curly hair and dreamy eyes of even warmer brown, nearly gold in the light, all stuck in his head. And Quackity is more then okay with it.

Still, though, he wonders if he could call it a date or not. Wilbur didn't say "date", did he? Well, no. But the optimistic side of himself comes to the conclusion it was probably implied anyway, so he didn't have to say it outright. The swooning part of him agrees as well. It's a date, Wilbur knows it too.

Of course, Quackity has some sense of reason in him. He can not, and he is sure of it, read anyone's minds. So there is still a possibility that Wilbur sees it as two people going out to eat and 'get to know each other' in a totally platonic way unrelated to the type of date Quackity wants.

Quackity guesses the only way to really find out would involve asking Wilbur. Well, that just is the solution. Simple as that but for some reason it's landed Quackity in a fit of uncertainty to go up and ask him.

In short, he's too nervous.

There would, sometimes, be some sort of metaphor about being a shy schoolboy all over again, unable to talk to the student he likes. But he was fairly confident back then. He sort of wishes he could maintain that level of certainty again when it comes to this type of stuff.

It wouldn't take much. Just find Wilbur, which after exchanging numbers and even giving the other their Instagram won't be difficult, and go up to him with a polite smile saying, "So, hey, about dinner, is it a date? Or a total friend type of thing?"

And of course, with a short laugh. "I'm good with either one. Just confirming with you."

Still, Quackity doesn't say it. Instead of even looking for Wilbur (he'd still be in the coffee shop) he returns to the isles of the super market to hunt down Karl.

He knows he's here somewhere, Karl doesn't get off work until about an hour. All minutes he cannot wait for, to eager and fidgety.

So when he sees Karl, Quackity jumps towards him and grabs his shoulders. "Karl!"

He definitely got a look from one customer, probably also thanks to the way Karl yelps, whips around, then both men burst into a fit of giggles. Not exactly work behavior, but whatever.

"Jeez, almost scared me there, man," Karl mumbles. It earns a questioning glance from Quackity who crosses his arms.

"Almost?"

Karl huffs it away along with a dismissive wave, turning to the shelf he's fixing the prices for, marking them down and all that good stuff. "So, did you come to keep me company while I finish off my shift?"

Quackity rolls his eyes at that. "You wish I would."

"Maybe," Karl says simply, placing the $3.98 price tag underneath some two pound bags of white rice. Then he flashes a smile in Quackity's direction. "Or maybe I prefer the solo life."