Missing Billboards With Your Name: Part One

Despite his normally upset demeanor and occasional attitude, Wilbur likes the guy, truly does. So he tries to drop a few hints

five times things Quackity was far too oblivious, and the one time he caught on

Quackity is fuming even before his lunch break.

Earlier he went to get his car, that was left at the shop for a bit of fixing, only to find that they had a 'little mishap' occur with the schedule, meaning his car isn't actually fixed like it should be, meaning his car has to stay here longer, meaning he's left to walk to work as they neglect his car for whatever excuse they made up.

How does that even happen? He's not sure, but he does know it pisses him off.

So with sore legs and a frustrated stature, he stomps into work and sulks into his chair.

Because of course this dull office job and repetitiveness would help sooth him over, lulling him into a calmer state.

Not today. Especially not today when he hasn't even tooken a sip of coffee before his insufferable co-worker slides next to him on his wheeled chair. Quackity's chair doesn't have wheels, it's unfair.

It's also unfair how he's stuck in the corner with this guy, Wilbur Soot, annoying as hell and on most occasions, acts younger than Quackity which isn't even the truth, Quackity should be less serious than him.

Of course, Wilbur disagrees. Same old excuse that Quackity's all too new to this particular work environment to let loose and smile a little. Then he would flick Quackity's chin to make him look up with a glare, meeting Wilbur's cheeky grin.

"Come on, I'm sure you look great when you don't come off as a potential seriel killer on their last nerve."

Quackity ignores him for the millionth time, scooting further to the right edge of his seat.

"I'm busy." He mutters, brows furrowed and how the hell is Wilbur not aware of how upset he is? Or does he just not care?

Seems likely, Wilbur is careless.

Wilbur hovers near him still, silent save for his low and steady breathing as he cranes his neck, then hums with interest as soon as Quackity so much as glances at him.

"How has your morning been?" Wilbur asks, it nearly sounds mocking, and Quackity shoots him a glare for it.

"Think you know, Soot."

Wilbur sits up properly in his seat and inches forward with a scoff and a dismissive wave. "Always with the last name."

"Of course."

Wilbur scrunches his nose then shrugs. "But add you being stubborn and lame. That's how it is with you."

Quackity doesn't look over at him again and pulls out his laptop, holding back a groan of annoyance. "Perhaps."

A moment of silence passes and Quackity actually has the opportunity to breath as Wilbur shuffles away in his chair.

Of course it doesn't last long, as Wilbur shows up, unprompted, and knocks on Quackity's desk like a door.

"Got something for you," He says plainly, making Quackity do a once over and slowly turn around. He looks at Wilbur's face, mostly unreadable but he's good enough to catch the hint of smugness that settles in his eyes, then down at what he's holding.

Quackity frowns.

"It's a plant?"

Wilbur whistles and sets it down. "Correct, very good Quackity. It is in fact, a plant."