Chapter 2: A meeting with an old friend

A soothing warmth was what I felt as I saw the faint glow permeating through my closed eyelids. The crackling of the campfire wood and the sounds of a book that as each minute passed, I heard the pages of paper being flipped. I remained in a state of being half asleep for a good half an hour before the effects of the medicine I took started to wear off. As pain throbbed in my head, I sat upright to upon my eyes and saw her sitting by a rocking chair reading a thick book; her eyes still diverted at the contents of what she was reading as if it was more important than taking glances at me.

"My my, you shouldn't get up just yet, it's only been an hour since you took my medicine. Though I guess it's about time before the painkillers wore off~" She said closing her book.

The falling of rain could be heard from outside, the windows around the room rattling at the gusts of wind that threatened to gush right in and put out the lights. Settling both of my feet on the ground, I put my right hand onto my head in an attempt to relieve the pain that didn't seem to fade. Sounds of the raindrops that fell onto the roof calmed my nerves and before long the pain was somewhat bearable, at least to the point I could look around the place.

"Is she asleep? I only remember falling on the couch before passing out." I said looking directly into her right purple eyes that give off-putting vibes to people. 

"Shouldn't you be telling me what happened first? You come back two days after going missing after hearing of your death and here you are asking me for help. Though I only did this out of the old day's sake, you really should notify me in advance~" She told me, pulling out a pipe to smoke her never-ending supply of nostril-irritating, perfume-like concoctions. 

"I didn't really have a choice to begin with. He tried to kill me off but I guess now it didn't really go along with those plans of his. I should've known better than to accompany him into the forest for a rumored wandering demon. More importantly, have they come here yet? It won't be long before they arrive I'm sure." I asked her as she tapped her pipe onto the ashtray beside her that stood neatly beside the book on a nightstand.

"Hmm, maybe, maybe not, I'm also sure he isn't a fool to wait this long to silence me. Going with how much you know yourself, It is only natural for him to suspect me, a person who has relations with you wouldn't he? Now then, here's the real question I need to inquire...That child, she turned you into a vampire, didn't she? The ability to do so is quite a rarity, such that I might want to experiment on her myself~" She said with the same devious she gave off around people close to her.

"Her name's Amy Olivia, origins unknown but she most likely has connections with the demon king. Her aura just gives off that feeling, it wouldn't be a surprise for her to be a child of an officer or higher." I replied quickly as I looked around the room.

A wooden cabin on the outskirts of the kingdom, the place was pretty good despite being a far distance from the main capital. Above the chimney stood small ornaments along with pictures of her friends and accomplices; one for the picture frames containing myself alongside her outside a restaurant in the kingdom. the right of me were two doors that were separate with bookshelves that held many jars. The things contained within were a mystery to me as I never bothered to ask, though I could tell a few apart from the others with the knowledge I received from the constant rants she told me. Far into the living room was a station full of books and scattered pages with a sole pot in the middle of the mess. The place where she conducts magic and alchemical experiments for days without rest.

There I turned back to her and found her standing up and reaching for a book on the bookshelf and flipping through it to find something. The premonition of mine felt that her actions could be no good.

"Amy Olivia... seems that there's no information of her through the listed vampire logs. Either she's a roaming demon or it could be the fact that her parent had hidden their true names well. Nonetheless, we should inquire on it when given the chance." She said glancing over to the injured patient that still sat on her velvet red and patterned couch.