Chapter 52: Arrival of the cursed fool

From above the ground and in the skies, he shot himself down and with one hand, he struck the blade Eden held onto with such force the stone beneath him cracked under the strength exerted by the one demon. He held onto his sword with both hands gripped tightly on the handle to withstand such strength and once he actually came to push back the attack, he then proceeded to be kicked back, leaving flying away without a single moment to rest and regain the footing he needed.

A dust cloud erected from his impact into the ground and through it, he emerged with a blade in hand while setting his sights straight to eliminate the demon king. His blade was quickly met with his enemy's and to his right, he noticed as Rosemary began to jump into the action, attempting to assist him in the battle. Her blades flew straight at Christan and as the seven blades surrounded him threatening to impale him in every direction, he loosened his grip of both hands on his blade that pushed back Eden and with one swoop of his hand, the ground suddenly turned pure gray as the blades suddenly were devoid of life, leaving them to fall onto the ground as if they were but regular blades.

Just as quickly as they fell, they were suddenly back in Rosemary's control but by then, it was already too late to act as the two moved on to a different area to exchange blows. As Christan struck his opponent's blade once more, the ear-piercing screech it made sounded while his blade held onto dear life, making sure it would at the very least withstand until the battle was over. Though the pace was starting to become more apparent and with what Eden was able to keep up with, he quickly found his limit of the current borrowed strength he obtained.

He needed to see this in a different approach and as his eyes slowly moved toward the army behind him, he immediately parried and backed off, leading his opponent to follow after him. Without hesitation, he commanded the mages of his troops to begin casting their magic and before the demon king knew it, hundreds of spells ranging from the third to the sixth were being flung toward him. Yet even as it all came falling down, he didn't feel fear in the slightest, and charging forth, he nullified each incoming spell, absorbing all of it into the curse he held onto for many decades now.

Aura gathered around his blade, a unique gray that covered his blade, and with one slash he directed toward his opponent, an air slash was formed; the attack soaring through the battlefield to only then miss and destroy the forestry behind the army. Gripping his blade tightly, he approached Eden with full intent to kill, and right behind him, Rosemary rushed in with spear in hand, learning already from the confrontation and odd occurrence she saw moments prior. Plunging the tip forward, she envisioned the scene where he'd fall victim and be pierced through his body but instead, what she came to see next shocked her as he destroyed her transformed blades with but one single punch of his bare hands.

She was quickly knocked back, crashing straight into the ground as the mere punch sent her flying away as if she were no more than an insect. Eden couldn't believe his eyes as the weapon formed of a material created by the scales of a dragon would shatter into hundreds of pieces with the strength of the demon king. What he witnessed greatly had him change his way of approach in his combat and as his blade quickly split into two, in which he then promptly heightened his sense along with his agility.

Though Christan managed to keep up, countering all attacks he figured would've hit and hit it back with enough force to send his bones vibrating. Though Eden had found his match of strength, he was clearly outmatched in other factors that the demon king held, and with it seen, he decided upon the decision that he himself along with Rosemary wouldn't be enough to combat the worthy foe. Pushing himself to his very limits, he nodded toward something, and with his right leg, he kicked the ground and right before Christan came to know it, he was back fighting face-to-face with the former hero; this time, the style he fought with seemingly at random and without technique, one with much more risk but even greater unpredictability.