Chapter 48: The Country of Factions

Her gloved clenched fists moved and struck her head. The flesh of her head splattered over the ground yet healed in an instant. Her thoughts that were already processed into her body came to grab onto Trixie's arm and in retaliation, she struck her chest, leaving the imp to cough as the impact coursed through her body. They exchanged blows, one after another as their stamina drained. It was a losing battle on both sides, the determining winner being selected once one either conceded or passed out from their fearsome brawl.

It was like two wild beasts wailing at each other, their razor-sharp teeth bared to tear each other's throat out yet this encounter seemed more intense than any other wild animal's bout. Trixie couldn't catch her breath between each strike and each time she did, her filled lungs were beaten out of her as the abnormal strength brought by the immortal before her rivaled that of her own. She needed but one moment to rest and think, but anytime she backed off for some space, she'd had her feet grabbed onto and it threatened to bring her down to the ground where it would become more disadvantageous for someone as exhausted as her.

Though it wasn't just her that was fighting, for something noteworthy was occurring but a could acres away from where they fought. There Drax exchanged blows of his battleaxe and that of his opponent, Axel's greatsword. Both seemed to be an equal match, but Drax had the edge when it came to the experience of wielding all sorts of heavy weaponry like that of Drax's blade which could be classified as but a large and heavy hunk of steel.

They pulled their weapons back once more and swung as hard as they could. Their center of gravity was counteracted as their body mass and sheer strength had them fix their feet in place and in the next moment, the edges struck with a deafening slam; the very act sending a shock wave into the environment as they set immense force upon their counterpart. Yet Drax thought ahead and with but a small adjusting of his great axe, his opponent's blade fell onto the ground and there, an opening was created.

He took it and immediately grabbed hold of his whole upper body. He quickly moved behind him and in one swift motion, had his entire muscular arm wrapped around Axel's neck in a choke-hold position. The dark elf struggled and moved, yet he noticed that the minotaur's strength was much greater than him in that position. With no other option to escape this position effectively, he maneuvered his legs and upon having the tip of both feet touch the ground, he promptly propelled himself up and hit his opponent's chin with the back of his head.

Drax immediately released his grip for half a second, stunned and staggered as the bottom of his chin stung with a gradual pain. But that half a second was enough for the greatsword user, and before long, the two were back into square one; albeit having spent each other's stamina equally in the confrontation they had. It was going nowhere, both parties weren't making significant progress in the slightest and it showed from their persistent battle. An hour had already passed since their encounter yet not one had forfeited their fight.

Trixie knew this well and something had to be done soon, lest they wanted it to drag til midnight. Dodging her opponent's attack, her eyes darted around the surroundings and alas, something stood out in a patch of grass behind her. A thin yet sturdy tree stood in the middle of its surrounding trees and to the left of it laid that of a flat boulder where moss covered the base of it. An idea popped up in her head and to execute it, she needed but a little assistance from Drax himself, yet that was easier said than done, for her opponent stood there with blood lust mixed filling her secondary personality in that crazed mind of hers.

"Drax! Code twelve!" She called out toward the brute of a warrior; his intense fight barely allowed him to register what his companion spoke.

"Urgh, got it! Take him on for a second and I'll be onto it!" He called out and hid his fist behind his large body, he then shot his right arm forth, knocking the defending Axel aback a few meters, puzzling him about what the two were trying to do.