Chapter 5: His mysterious nature

The crashing of waves and the movement of water filled my head with its sounds. The loud noises were all I could hear at that very moment. My eyes felt closed for some reason but the more I thought of the action of blinking, it eventually opened and I could then see my surroundings. In water, my body was half submerged in shallow waters. My feet could feel the sharpness of things poking out along with a sandy texture that covered the ground. Though my legs could move, both my hands were locked in place, stuck to the sides of my body as if I had been tied up. Looking up, I noticed a tall mountain in the middle of the large body of water I was in. 

While my eyes went all over the place to see the whole of my surroundings, I quickly spotted a shadowy person with knife-like ears at the top of the mountain of the sort. Atop it, he sat staring out into the ball of blue that hung up high in the oddly red sky; his facial expression, unknown to me was a huge shadow cast upon the whole area. The whole scene looked like a silhouette behind curtains and as I slowly made my way from the water to land... the unexpected then happened.

The red sky suddenly brightened in its intensity and so did the moon too. The water suddenly turned red and it was as clear as day, the sharp objects that hid amongst the sand turned to be the remains of a humanoid creature; the red liquid pushing a disembodied head onto the shore didn't want to turn my head to see where that shadowy figure was but as curiosity got the best of my own conscious movements, the spectacle was truly baffling.

There it stood atop the mountain of corpses, each mutilated beyond recognition. Their eyes were wide and their mouth opened as if they were screaming their lungs out as they were slaughtered. I couldn't take my eyes off the whole scene and slowly while my eyes began to move, I saw the culprit who sat atop, his eyes grand glowing white eyes pierced through the red sky as his jaw turned to a gaping smile. While time seemed to pass in the place where I stood, it felt like an eternity of being fixated on his revealed expression.

The feeling then hit me as I suddenly grew drowsy, my eyes struggled to keep themselves open and soon after, they closed to shelter them from the terrible sight that was bestowed on me. Darkness filling in the empty void of my encased eyelids...

...

...

...

While the birds chirped outside the windows and the trees swayed their leaves under a gentle breeze, the smell of medicine and clean brand-new products filled her nostrils. There she sat in the infirmary getting stitches and bandages from the nurses and healers, many being ordered around the cramped room to attend to the singular patient's wounds. A grandfather clock ticked as the seconds passed and the pendulum inside swung, she sat slightly annoyed and hissed as she was stung by needles being poked into her skin.

"Please Miss Jackie, stay still. We can't treat you if you move around too much." The nurse said with an impatient tone as she struggled to close the gap in her gut.

"Nyargh, why do I have to go through this when the priests can deal with it in a couple of seconds?" She complained, raising her arms above her head to allow the attendants to take care of the wound.

"Priests can't cure an infected wound, can they? Their blessings are unable to give proper treatment to a patient, it'll only close a wound, but what about the dirtied wound? You can go beg for their help after we stitch you up!" She said, giving the final stitch, closing her wound, and bandaging her.

"Nyaa... you don't need to yell! If you're all done then can I go?" She said admitting defeat to the head nurse as she jumped off the medical table, licking her paw as got off.

Suddenly, a loud crash was heard behind the door of the infirmary and as it opened, a knight was seen standing outside with a red nose; presumably caused by the hitting of his face on the door.