Chapter 47: New Person, Old Habits

The slow trudging of leather boots on the hard rock surface sounded as a large group made their way out of the ruins where the exploration had turned for the worst. Thankfully at the very least, there were no casualties aside from the few injuries sustained by the soldiers, the wounds inflicted by the creatures of the catacombs along the traps that were apparent throughout. Before the orange sun arrived in the evening time, they found the sun beaming toward them; the very fact they could now see the bright and comforting sun relieved them greatly of the pressure that came about.

"Whew, that was quite the adventure, don't you all think so too? I even got something nice from that. This bracelet I found in his ashes appears to have some magic stored within it. Maybe it could be some ancient artifact, or some legendary equipment that he may have made himself... The possibilities are endless but... I should probably get it inspected before I wear it, should I? It might have a curse attached to it, that isn't what we want now, right Samantha?" Nyxia asked of the skull in his hand with a smile as the still silence still persisted up until now.

"Captain... Please don't go off disappearing like that again... We almost had our souls taken away from just how terrifying that place was. I never want to enter another tomb ever again..." He said as he muttered the lines that would only be able to be barely heard by those in close proximity of him.

"Ahaha, it's not like I expected that either, we're alive, aren't we? Let's just push this aside and think about it later. Since I think we may have some company soon..." Nyxia said, spotting out the multiple presences already that were some distance away from the undead he had ordered to survey the area while they were within the tomb.

Four life forms... No five, including the one demon amongst them. He figured it was an odd set-up since humans weren't exactly common in these places. Aside from himself of course, since he was a full-grown adult that dabbled in the realms of the demon continent. Having his soldiers stand in their position, the twelve men all held up their blades and confronted those who were approaching. Upon coming into sight, they plunged their swords forward but suddenly then found themselves knocked aback as an odd party of three members of the Holy Kingdom, a rogue knight and a vampire walked up with confusion as they wondered why they were suddenly attacked.

"You... Aren't you the Vendrick the swordsmaster of the beastly sword fighting style? You look a lot younger than I thought, I didn't know you were a vampire, did you happen to change your race sometime back? I would be lying if I wasn't curious of your strength, the former mighty companion of the hero..." He said, examining if the person before him really was the person named Vendrick he had in mind.

"Then you, are you all not people belonging to the Kingdom of Deshva? I've heard of this man, he's Nyxia the necromancer... You are a wanted outlaw in the continent, for the numerous murders and many counts of mass destruction from summoning countless undead. You truly are a detestable man... If I were not currently collaborating as an ally of the Kingdom of Hekald, you would've been taken in for questioning right here!" Bismuth quickly spoke as he drew his sword toward the smiling individual.

"What fantastic remarks, I am humbled you know of my feats. And without further ado, why don't we begin the bout of this ridiculous charade, cause you clowns of holy knights who pretend to act all justified while those living in poverty crawl under your foot for the scraps that fall in between your plump fingers. Come out undead warriors, let us not wait a second longer against these pretending noble fighters!" Nyxia taunted as he recalled a memory of the past, summoning a dozen of fine soldiers from the ground that filled the atmosphere with an odd choking miasma.

They immediately held out their blades and rushed forth to attack Bismuth and the others, not hesitating as their master's command was absolute and their reason in life to serve their master. In their black steel armor, they filed in like knights with intricate movements that reflected those near the strength of masters in swordsmanship. From what they could perform, it was most definitely from the undead one would see in the odd lands.