Chapter 8: The sea of flames

Screams of the dying and panic erupted from the citizens of the kingdom. The fire quickly spread across the whole kingdom as the culprit came about all over the place. While the knights attempted to hunt down said person, they were instantly incinerated upon getting noticed.

"Tsk, what the hell is happening here!? God dammit, the fire's not going away!" A soldier said aloud as he attempted to put out the magic with fire to rescue the elves trapped in their houses.

Everything was in chaos when people were met with the fear of being burned alive. Push and shove came about when it comes to the populated areas of the kingdom. The ones who fell were unfortunately met with being stomped over by the rest and those who could see the path of escape were quickly met with fallen buildings.

A cannon-like blast of water suddenly came from the entry gate of the kingdom; the immensely large strike of water magic drove away the fire and formed a path for the people to escape. Though he wouldn't care of giving a thought to the people, as a companion of the hero, for now, he had to contribute to assisting the people.

"Commander Julius, reporting in! There is a mad dark elf in the main capital causing havoc. He's shooting fire magic and specifically targeting dark elves!" A knight of his men said, saluting as he spoke to his superior.

"Of course I know there's someone using fire magic, I could already tell at a glance of all of this shit. Command your units to advance inside the kingdom to assist the citizens. I'll try heading in to resolve the situation..." Julius responded, walking in as he summoned a veil of water to shield the flames that roared around him.

"The hell's happening to this place, what an unlucky day it is. For the place, Eden told me to head to resulting in this whole mess, fucking why do I have to go through this today." He spoke to himself, shooting cannons of water as he made his way slowly to his goals.

Among the wreckage, he spotted a woman and a child crying for help as she was trapped in a sea of flames, yet as Julius noticed nobody was around, he only just walked passed the thing like nothing happened. A smirk came from his mouth as he giggled at the thought of her screams of pain and slow death.

"Ah, this feeling... It's just how I remembered. How long has it been huh, I guess there will be more to come once the four of us get our hands on that child..." He laughed maniacally to it, for the day he will relish an omnipotent power...

...

...

...

"Not good, we have to get out of this place!" I said, carrying Amy on my back as we ran through a burning building caused by the flames thrown about by the dark elf.

The Malsin we knew just a few minutes ago was long gone. I could tell the very fact from how he looked towards the elf who he had murdered in the jail cells, his eyes told me that he had no remorse for the action at the time and a feeling that came into me saying he would do it ten times over if he could.

Everyone in the place had already escaped outside, yet it didn't seem like it was any better going out either as burning flames had already covered a great number of surfaces in the capital. Cries of the fire that came to burn them alive could be heard clearly through the building we were in and upon us getting out of it, we were quickly there to witness another horrible scene.

Bodies of black laid on the ground and as the three of us turned to an uproar in the middle of the capital, we found Malsin in the middle of hundreds of kingdom royal guards he all pointed their wands and spears towards him; in a stance to attack him if he even made another move.

"You.. you all, how foolish you think you can bring even the slightest of resistance! For all of the elves in this kingdom, you are all irredeemable in the eyes of mine..." He spoke, preparing another wave of fire to release upon everyone in sight.