Chapter 32: One-sided annihilation

The rain finally started to look like it was clearing up in the slightest though that didn't mean it would be gone anytime soon. With weather like this, it was certainly going to at least stay an hour longer. There as Arthur stood his ground with his good friend Henson and the human witch to his left, he prepared himself for anything that would come to move but an inch; anything amiss in the movements of the deadly foe before them could very well mean a devastating attack that would turn one inside-out.

Bearing his two perfect horns under the rain, he was now looking back toward the group with bloodlust and malice as if what he had done was nowhere enough to satiate his drive for murder and destruction. Gardenia was beginning to shiver not from just the weather but from the amount of fear she was feeling that no mere human would ever come across in their lifetime. That one red beam of light had already sent her will wavering and if anything else would come to top something of that scale, she wouldn't know if her instincts would let her remain here any longer.

Putting her wand into her pouch, she decided that the technique she used back then in the Dark Kingdom could come in useful right here since any bit of firepower they could muster would be vital for the coming event of the battle. Looking up towards the skies, Trixie found the sadistic mage floating up high in the skies, seemingly for no reason other than to survey his surroundings; his gaze set onto something far in the distance as if he had noticed something and was contemplating if he was going to act.

Right now though, the witch couldn't turn her head in another direction since what she needed to do right now was focus everything on the accursed swordmaster before her and the sword saint just a couple of steps behind him; the child of the church named Rosemary exerting an amount of bloodlust akin to that of the most vile of beasts.

"Hm? I could've sworn I heard as well there was an army of sorts approaching this very kingdom, am I wrong? Now then, let me give you a question since you people don't look like you'll be leaving this area anytime soon... Let's say I would like to kill maybe ten or twenty thousand insignificant beings... There are two options to this question now, so listen closely, option one would be to seek out the people who had evacuated to the southern side of the kingdom, or option two, maybe I should just waltz on out of here and start with those soldier towards the northern side of the kingdom. What do you think?" Eden asked with a smile plastered across his face as if the questions he asked were perfectly normal and innocent.

"You say that like you already have everything planned out, there's still us you have to go through, no? You really shouldn't take us very lightly, especially your elders, otherwise you'll have that sly tongue of yours cut straight off that stupid face of yours..." Arthur provoked the arrogant hero who had already displayed his ferocious strength, yet the vampire stood his ground as he returned a smirk towards him.

As his two perfectly shaped horns glinted along the light of a thunder strike, Eden could only laugh at the jabs and comments the one before he threw out; the sheer ridiculous words that came out of the person's mouth sounded to him as simple jokes he couldn't resist returning with laughter. The three could only watch as he went over the moment he was having and as a few seconds continued, he suddenly stopped, the laughter quickly coming to a halt and instead he faced the demon with a stare that could only be described as death itself.

In but a second, Henson and Gardenia found the vampire who was holding his ground with his impeccable posture and stance now kneeling on the ground as an arm came to be missing; the instantaneous disappearance of it leaving immeasurable pain coursing through his body as blood gushed out. Holding onto the wound to lessen its flow of blood, they all looked back towards Eden who now had his hand covered in the blood of the demon; the serious look he gave off telling that of anger.