Chapter 12: To find, seek and rescue

His shoes crunched over the sandy floors as he took a step back to enable his abilities. Light flashed onto the wall he looked at and through his imagination, he formed out a rough image of the envisioned Amy that Vendrick gave details over. He blinked once to reset his eyes, and as he blinked once more, the surroundings his eyes looked upon were but white outlines.

He could see everything through the unique eyes of his. The inherited trait passed through generations of his family tree allowed him to assist others in times of need like this. Every life form around him was but hearts and spiritual bodies that were differentiated through the colours of their personality. To his right, he saw Vendrick as a golden soul, one of virtue and selflessness to help those around him. Alongside that was Gardenia's which gave off a colour of hot pink, the very colour gave an impression she held a playful nature.

Turning his back towards the task, at a long distance away, he then spotted a person fitting the description he had in mind. A light yellow and white mixed heart surrounded by hearts of black and grey. Quickly noting down where his target was, he was then suddenly engulfed by a wave of his head throbbing. Immediately after, he grew light-headed and was held on his shoulders by Vendrick to stop his fall onto the ground; the strands of cloth of his clothes landed on the sand of the area.

"Thanks again, I appreciate that... I've found the person you're looking for. Though, I think there's quite a problem. It appears that she's being held captive by multiple people on the outskirts of the kingdom in an old abandoned house..." King Xernes spoke, telling of the current situation.

"Is that so, we'll head out right now-" I was about to say, yet stopped my advances to proceed with the rescue upon noticing his expression.

"Wait, that's not all. The problem is regarding the fact the Assassin Syndicate is currently holding her right now. If you're going to intercept them, I hope you know that you'll be making trouble for the entirety of their legion. Even I, a king hold no power to bring them down when they're stirring up this much trouble setting up a base of operations in my kingdom. What a disgrace aren't I?" He said, tying the blindfold back onto his head as he went to help his assistant get back up on his knees.

"I've already made up my mind when I chose to return Amy to the demon continent. It's not like I have much to lose anyways, there's a giant bounty put onto this head of mine. If they're going to take what's beloved of mine, then I'll be returning the favour straight back at them." I said with confidence as Gardenia stood by my side to concur with my thoughts.

In Xernes's mind, even without the eyes of Anubis, he could tell through the way Vendrick spoke that he indeed had the heart of gold he saw. Without a doubt, nothing will stop his way when it'll come to fulfilling his goal, not even when he's been branded as such and was pursued by every kingdom on the continent they stood on.

"Pfft, is that so? Then I'll be coming with you, you can't do all of this by yourself, can you? I'll be sure not to get in your way, let's save this person you so very well cherish." He smiled, outstretching his arm in for a handshake that Vendrick graciously took...

...

...

...

It was dark, dark as it could be in such a cold and sandy environment. She felt that the other's presence was no longer in the vicinity and they had left her alone in the room seeing as how she was in a deep slumber after administering the drug. Though what they didn't know was the potential of vampire blood, especially that of higher bloodlines have greater resistance when it comes to neurotoxin and poison.

Tired yet awake, she slowly and surely cut her fingertips with the sharp fingernails she had neglected from the days she was travelling. It was but an inconvenience in the past, but now it was a useful tool she utilized in her escape attempt. Droplets of blood fell and as they fell onto the sand, she manipulated the liquid with her blood arts, quickly turning it into a small knife she held onto it and soon had the ropes bound on her wrists cut.