Chapter 69: Sisterly Quarrel

"Oh goddess of light, may your enchanting glow reach down upon thee unsightly and shower them with an ever-glowing light of judgment. I request thy deity, lend me your strength for I shall banish thy evil! Holy Blade!" She said as she fought weaponless against her sister who didn't stop for a second as their fight intensified as it went on.

The opposing forces had already entered through the kingdom and though first responders of the commanders and supporting outsiders had already arrived at the scene, the sheer quantity of enemy fighters and Dragonborn would prove to be too much for the demons that had their hands full defending against the frontier. A mess of a situation one would say as there was little they could do now that their middle forces were breached. It would only be up to the stronger commanders to take care of whoever had penetrated through their lines.

Though saying that, Varissa was left all alone fighting against a sword saint who could tear through entire lines in but minutes, and with no support, all she could do was find the opportunity to strike. She was unarmed other than the holy sword she wielded; a blade made of light provided by the goddess herself yet it only stood as a temporary measure against the prominent fighter who stood before her. She couldn't take even a break to breathe as her seven blades were relentless in chasing her down each time she even had the intention to retreat. There was no way out of this and standing face to face with her sister, she came reminded once more of the atrocities back in the Kingdom of Myra.

On that day she saw over a hundred blades split off into the kingdoms, annihilating the innocent lives that had not a single involvement in the conflict and war. She couldn't let that happen again, not when she now had the strength to prevent it tightening her grip on the sword of light, she stared into the eyes of her sister who had walked down the wrong path of righteousness, one that undermined the majority of lives who merely wanted to live in peace.

"What persistence, I figured you for someone who would stand in my way like a pebble under my feat yet to think you'd have the strength to oppose me, it seems that the goddess bestows strength to those she favors, doesn't she..." Rosemary commented as she held onto two of the seven blades, ready to strike down her foolish sister who did no more but hinder her slightly in the grand plan Eden and the others had set for complete domination.

"What do you mean... You were also bestowed strength by the goddess of light herself, weren't you... She granted you strength but you only misinterpreted what her purpose of doing so was, yet you took the wrong path and strayed off the meaning behind the given strength, if only you'd listen-" Varissa pleaded with sincerity as she felt dizzy from the extended battle she found herself fighting through; her eyes turning around to each direction while she tried stabilizing herself to focus clearly.

"SHUT UP! When did this goddess who cursed under the pretext of the divine powers of a saint support me through the life I've lived through? When did she ever provide me assistance when I was at my lowest point, when did she extend an arm to save me... NEVER, never did she once do so." Rosemary screamed while her mind was mixed with both sorrow and resentment toward the twisted world she resided within.

"Face it sister, there is nothing you can change at this point. Nothing you say at this moment can sway my judgment, so prepare yourself... I'll be going all out at this very moment..." Rosemary warned; her seven blades gathering before her as they spun her in a clockwise motion.

Varissa got up quickly, pulling herself together as she knew those very words she uttered weren't kidding at all. Her aura changed drastically and if she didn't do something now, she might not even be able to breathe in the very next minute. Drawing her blade, she rushed forth while yelling a guttural noise as if it could help with her performance. However, before she could even make it a couple of steps forward, Rosemary then directed her blades forth and in an instant, they shot toward her sister consecutively like that of a perpetually timed set of cannons.