Chapter 61: Interrogation and Cemented History

He sat on top of a chair while both his hands were strained by cuffs that were promptly fastened to the chair he was on. Though he thought there would've been a better and more favorable place to discuss something this important, he didn't raise a finger to it seeing as how the enemy of his nation was even willing enough to speak with him in the first place. He closed his eyes and settled apart the long drawn-out conflict between the two nations, leaving it to be pushed aside as if they wanted to join hands together, their past differences must be moved lest their lingering hatred for one another showed; an undesirable outcome no two allies would favor upon.

He thought about the very reason their kingdoms were in conflict in the first place and what had brought them to brand their blades to each other's throats. They were never on good terms as long as he could recall and the hatred stemmed from the times when each nation attempted to gain land out of the demon continent's territory in the effort of leading their people to a much more prosperous life. Yet it was their unwillingness to share the covered lands along with the distasteful feelings each army brought upon each other that led them to have their eyes turned against each other, thus bringing about constant wars that keep ending in stalemates.

However they may dislike one another, Felma closed his eyes as he couldn't help but think of them fighting but for such a silly reason. No matter how much each other felt they were different from each other and how much better than they were to each other, it was the fact that was true to them deep in their hearts that the reason they fought in the first place was for their own people's lives, the ones that are the fundamentals of a nation and the root of everything. Opening his eyes, he looked toward Christan in the new shine of light and as he opened his eyes to begin discussing what he saw, he felt like a weight had been lifted off his chest.

"To what I think about this, I presume it is Naypaulm who is the cause of this great catastrophe. I feel that he will be the center of the conflict and will be the one who ultimately brings the downfall of not just this kingdom, but the rest that follows as well. Their fifty-five thousand troops total added with the dragon along with that former hero in the middle, it looks neigh impossible to conquer over I know, that is why I came here in the first place to propose an alliance." He blurted out as he looked toward the ruler of Hekald, waiting for his response to what he had spoken.

"All of this, this is all giving me quite the headache. Your words are quite obscure and they may even seem preposterous yet I can't help but believe in the very words coming out of your mouth. I'm but a shell of myself after my last battle and it won't be long before they arrive into this kingdom. What do you propose such late advice could do, you have something in mind, don't you?" He replied as he looked toward him with genuine concern for the survival of his kingdom along with the impending doom that wasn't stopping its course.

"There was something I heard, it was actually that earth dragon's last words when it was at its dying breath. He mentioned something regarding the pope and based on what he spoke, I have high suspicion that those related to the holy faction may be the key in defeating the dangers before us. As if his death was what followed the downfall of the kingdom, I propose we should do our best in protecting them and have them turn toward the spotlight at the moment they are most needed."  He added as he thought about what detail he may have not mentioned to Christan who seemed to be deep in thought trying to piece together whatever the pope's role along with the others meant in the grand scheme of things.

"To think that man brought in by Soldret could be this important... Something is missing from all of this and I'm not sure what to make of all of this. Though taking from what you told me, his life and anything that follows after will be something of the greatest importance regarding the impending doom that stands before us. You needn't say more, you're free from the cells and will be put under surveillance but your movement will largely be held back because of your position, I hope you can enjoy whatever time is in our kingdom before what is to come next." Christan spoke, suddenly releasing the Ruler of Deshva without a moment of hesitation as he stood with a gaping jaw along with his shocked expression of the unusual movements he just made.