Chapter 71: Heartfelt emotions

Her eyes blurred as the sword pierced through her very chest, the blade itself sticking out of her body while her hands were stained with blood. Her head was clearer than they have ever been as if it was shrouded in a thick layer of fog, unable to see through clearly while her body went according to whatever impulsive thoughts went through her mind. She puked up another mouthful of blood, the thick viscous liquid dripping from her lips while her eyes widened and her head wavered in the dizziness she felt.

She didn't know what would happen next and the fear that she had inflicted upon others in the past was now facing her directly. Slowly, she looked over toward her sister, the shouting and calls coming from her unheard as her ears rang aloud. There were too many sensations at once to process and as she grew more tired, she truly questioned if she would see that sister of hers once again. She hoped and pleaded forth, begging whatever being in the skies would show some mercy as to grant her but one more chance to undo her wrongdoings. Yet, nothing happened.

Her set of eyes dropped and soon, she closed her eyes with regrets, unwilling to give up whatever was taking over her mind.

A bright beam of darkness shot from the skies, covering the entire vicinity in a baleful dark gray. All the two could do right then was to prepare for what would happen and while Varissa watched alongside Bismuth, she tried pulling herself back up with her bright and glowing sword; the blade which once glowed a blinding light, now slightly dim as if the darkness that poured around her weakened its very strength. The archbishop helped her up as much as he could and with but a quarter of a minute left in his transformation, he wondered what he could do in this little amount of time.

Though panic was starting to stir in his mind, he found Varissa there, standing with resolve as if she knew well what to do in whatever would come next. It eased him slightly and as the skies started to darken and rain suddenly fell, they didn't care for what was happening, rather, they set their entire focus upon Rosemary. Something ungodly would soon appear before them and throwing every other matter away, they needed to set their full concentration to be prepared for the current situation.

"I have... a plan... But I'm going to need your full cooperation... I don't know if it'll work but, it's all we got currently." Varissa confessed, not knowing if what she had in mind would even work now that everything had changed so significantly.

"That's alright, I'll do my best to adjust so give me a signal... We don't have any time for anything else anyways..." Bismuth said, ashamed he couldn't do anything much more useful than to rely on and assist with whatever his disciple had conjured up.

She nodded in response with worry well apparent on her face, yet they had no other options to go through with. Holding her blade, she watched as the beam of darkness before the two slowly dissipated after lasting for but a couple of seconds. Under the bright light, what walked out was Rosemary who seemed to have no immediate changes to her body. The horns on her head which were once jagged and rough now were smooth and sharp, as if someone had gone ahead to polish the black horns. Other than that, the streaks of black lines that were seen on her hands were pulled further up along her arms yet didn't quite make it to the point of her shoulders. 

Nothing else seemed to have changed other than the two features they could point out. The most prevalent change in her sister was the fact the aura around her had changed. She didn't quite seem the same and as she took a step forth, the two could feel bloodlust so immense they almost started choking in the tense atmosphere. Yet despite the fact she seemed like a completely other person, the saint decided to stand up, pushing against everything that was pressuring her down to face her sister directly; eyes but on the verge of filling with tears.

"Rosemary... Are you still there, please answer me... ROSEMARY!" She yelled out toward her supposed sister, her face flushed red from the emotions welled up inside of her while she tried to call out if her sister was still sane after what had happened just then.