Chapter 41: The Glutenous Tyrant

As the carriage came to wobble in the slightest, she tried her best not to wake the child that had her head lying on her lap who was fast asleep from the long ride. Their manor was located a substantial distance away from the main capital of the kingdom, where the festival was taking place and while they waited for the vehicle they rode upon to arrive at the venue, she decided to look outside and take in the view. Among the houses that were located in the area, she found many to be minding their own business as they crossed aside from the children who pointed out their luxurious carriage that was decorated with many intricate designs and painted to match the flag of their kingdom.

Although she did not like the color at first, she grew to appreciate it for it acted as a way to tell the citizens of the kingdom that either an official of the kingdom was on board or that a high-ranking demon was within. Though the fact still bothered her how ominous it looked, being that of black and red, it wasn't too bad of a combination now that she thought of it. Pulling her eyes back inside the carriage, she found both her sons leaning against each other as they slept soundly; their expressions warming her very heart as she reminisced of the times when she could hug all three of her precious children at once without receiving any remarks of how they were too old for something like that.

Pulling the strands of hair back from the mouth of her daughter's, she suddenly felt as the cart stopped and quickly, all three of the children woke up with a shocked expression. Christan spoke first and that was followed by his younger brother, Lambrie who inquired upon their mother if they had made it. This prompted their little sister, Tina to do so as well, all of their sparkling eyes blinding the mother as she turned and looked outside.

"Hmm, let me see... Ah! There it is, do you see it, you guys? There's the festival, those stalls selling trinkets and goods for the event, and we are close to making it to the main destination! Are you all really that excited for something like this, I find it cute for you all to act like this~" She smiled as Christan came fixated on the glass window to observe those managing stores.

"Yes! Fun, amazing, people, food!" Tina said, attempting to formulate a sentence yet could only muster out the thoughts that popped up on the front of her mind." It was nice to hear such words as she came to realize she was excited for what was to come; her small and plump face granted her the feeling of warmth to her children.

As they came to wait but a couple more minutes, the cart began moving once more, and before long, it stopped one last to in front of the entrance towards the steps that led up straight to the building where her husband had ordered them to gather at before they were to join in on the festivities. An attendant soon came to pick the four up and as they made their way in, something seemed off. It was but a hunch but in all of her life, no hunches would lead to anything good, especially since she knew well that she was to meet her wedded partner.

Deciding it may be a delusion, she proceeded along while keeping her guard up for anything that didn't seem right. Passing through halls, Christan and Lambrie ran ahead while she held onto Tina to prevent her from wandering about in the expansive and confusing halls. The two running ahead seemed to be too much in the festive mood as the extroverted nature of each of them came pouring out through giggles and laughter; their contagious smiles spreading to her daughter.

It seemed like a longer journey than she had expected and when she was told to walk down a lower floor, she felt uneasy, the feeling wasn't right and she wanted to leave. Turning her head back to the way they went, she felt a tug on her dress and there were the two children of hers' urging her to hurry and that if they didn't hurry, they would miss out on the important event. Complying with their demands, it didn't take long before they finally made it to where they were to meet the current demon king of the lands.