Chapter 51: His Grand Entrance

On his toes, he needed to move back as fast as he could, dodging however he was able to and dashing backward while the looming threat of dying in one single attack faced him directly. He couldn't stop for a minute and he couldn't drop his concentration either, for as how he both ran and chanted while his enemy swung his sword like there was no tomorrow. The commander was outmatched, yet he couldn't complain about his target for if it were left up to the others, they would surely perish under his movements that were essentially impossible to keep up with.

To both his left and right were the running of his fellow soldiers and the two accompanying him, Gardenia and Lambrie who were instructed to retreat without looking back. Eden has his focus on him for now, but it didn't mean he would do all he could to pursue him. His blade extended to an abnormally long length that turned to three times its original strength, and with one swoop, he obliterated everyone in all directions, slaughtering countless valuable men of his who came looking forward to going home into their peaceful kingdom.

Ambroze grew infuriated, his efforts surmounting to nothing as he could barely do anything to just survive. As the merciless Eden braced to murder countless more, the commander quickly came to cast a spell that would hopefully hinder his movements. Cold air hovered around his fingers, his hands then waving around that blew in his surroundings, and as Eden got near toward him to attack once more, his opponent quickly reacted with a spell blown toward him without the slightest bit of hesitation.

It hit him straight on, freezing his hand and blade partially upon coming into contact with the fourth-tier magic, freeze-dry. Covered in ice, he slowed down his pace but for a moment, yet in the next the restraints broke like nothing; the spell supposedly able to freeze anything and encase them in layers of ice quickly dismissed as if it were merely first-tier magic.

"Neat little tricks I must say magicians, but why don't you bring out your more tricky skills, I'm getting bored with your useless theatrics now!" He spoke and instantly his firepower increased to the point it overwhelmed the mage before he could even react to his attacks, leading him to fall over onto the floor.

"Ambroze!" Lambrie called from afar yet the constant shouting of the thousands of enemies that approached and the defending soldiers canceled out his calls.

Yet the magus surely wasn't on his last legs and rolling over, he managed to evade but one attack, and in that time, the next spell came to form in his hands; swirling winds dancing in his palms. Behind the worshiper swordsman was where he shot the attack and kicking his foot against the dirt, he hopped out just in time as a vortex of the sorts pulled Eden in, leaving him to fall onto the ground and fall out of the rhythmic strikes and into the filthy floor where blood and sweat collected from the previous battle.

Pulled in like a chain was grabbing him, he struggled but for a moment, proceeding to fall one after another the relentless vortex sucked him into the very center of its component. The spell was much more annoying than he had anticipated, the single sixth-tiered spell acting but a hassle toward the sweet satisfaction of bisecting his foe in half. As he noticed the trio sprinting away after creating an obstacle between them, Eden had spent enough time already fooling around and playing with his prey.

One of the two horns that propped up high on his head on display then grew ever so slightly larger as well as it did into a much darker red. One of his eyes suddenly blackened, the sole red iris of his staring back toward them, and with one stomp onto the ground to gain back his footing, it quickly shook the entire field as if an earthquake was starting. Rosemary could only watch as she rested while recovering herself from being partially frozen in her hands and feet; her eyes standing affixed onto her companion who stood many times more stronger than she did.