Chapter 13: Faithful Hearts and Indomitable Wills

Clean halls, glistening black marble floors, flowing silky banners and the overwhelmingly tense atmosphere of a dangerous presence within the room. Walking down the long hallways where not a speck of dust remains, he passed by the horned butlers and harpy maids who went around and throughout the castle to clean every corner and crevice of the building. Doing everything to keep to the standards of the head butler, they worked through sweat and blood to display a perfect place fit for a king. 

As his shoes clomped around the halls where his black shoes passed through the halls, he made his way towards the throne rooms. Finally, after passing through many demons around the place, his red and sharp wings flapped and moved a little as he prepared to enter his appointed destination.

He pushed one of the two double doors, the heavy object creaking loudly as it moved against its hinges to allow passage. Looking inside with his round glasses, he spotted his master on the throne with his eyes closed. Walking along the carpet, he soon arrived in front of him where he then knelt to affirm his respect and loyalty towards the man that sat before him.

With no words coming from him, he looked around the room and wondered if he was thinking of something while he had his closed in such a position. An elbow was set upon the chair's left armrest, and with it, he had his hand pushed against one of his cheeks where he rested upon in the silent room. Looking further, he examined the throne thoroughly. The throne of gold had many intricate designs made onto the surface for the purpose of giving a suitable throne towards the benevolent yet violent king.

Made by the Duke of Demons, Larta, the throne was offered to the demon king as a gift. It was to be served as a tribute towards the one who had taken it upon himself to expand and dedicate himself to all of the demon kind and although he refused at first due to it being too grand for his tastes, he gave in, accepting the present his underling had crafted to him. 

Holding the checkboard he had in hand, he went through the notes and findings he had gathered in the past few days. Now finally he was to report to his master from the task laid upon him. A minute slowly passed of silence, with even the stone gargoyles on the ceiling pillars finding his silence of him to be unbearable. Then finally, he spoke.

"My apologies, it appears I had dozen off... I had a dream of something sinister... Something about the evil god's plans... None of the matter, please report in Quartzle." He said, shrugging off a weird dream he had.

"Yes your majesty, I shall begin my report now. A day ago, it was reported by the residents of the Slumbering Woods section of the demon continent that the approach of two of the hero's companions was seen and they had suffered losses due to their advances." He said, reading a section of a page and going over the details he noted down.

"Only two? What could they be up to now... They truly baffle me on how they can even put up such a fight on my strongest minions. Send in a few reliable infantry of the fifth section, and have them assist them in case of a full-on fight breaking out in their towns. Is there anything else? What about the plans of invading the Holy Kingdom Veluxia?" He inquired his attendant and saw as he flipped through a different page while his sharp tail wagged.

"Ah yes! There were no problems with the preparations of our troops. Through it that a group of our spies had spotted the Sword saint, Rosemary entering the Holy Kingdom with a small army. I fear they may become a problem during the invasion as it was seen in the past she could annihilate demons in the blink of an eye. Shall we enlist more of our elite troops your majesty?" He answered him as he stared at his gray face; his eyes switching from the two blade-like horns on his head. 

"Yes, have them be added to the troops as well. This plan must be successful in order to accomplish our goals of taking further land. Though be mindful of adding dark priests, since having more troops will spell out a greater number of injured..." He replied as he waved a hand to him as a gesture of response.