Chapter 33: The duel of magicians

As he tried to remain perfectly still as he meditated, his eyes came to look into the distance where he was expecting something to come, the little rain that remained in the skies fell in a drizzle. Combined with the large gusts of wind that blew onto his face, he was freezing and desired warmth at that moment. Though he was used to this by now, the countless hours he spent honing his magic had brought him up to this moment.

Suddenly, a small light in the distance sparkled like that of a star and as the commander's eyes came to be fixated upon it, he noticed it was becoming larger and large by the second. Like a astroid shooting down from space, he found it to be slightly mesmerizing to watch though right then, it was no time to relax. Preparing his heart a little, an obsidian black book hovered above the palms of his hands; the book was filled to the brim with hundreds of pages of words along with many bookmarks that looked to be worn from the number of times it was turned into.

The astroid-like object came flying at immeasurable speeds and as a couple of seconds passed, he could now see a blue hue amid the trail it made. Time was now ticking and as he came to stand upright, he began the preparations for the upcoming fight. Greater strength, Impenetrable defense, Avain's wings, they all came to be cast onto his body one after another. It was a set of spells he had prepared in the event he would come to fight someone as strong as the demon king he was serving and right now, it was time for it to be utilized. 

As the object came to approach where the commander stood closer and closer, he stood in confidence as if he knew what would happen in the next moment. The intensity of the light grew brighter as it was soon to crash towards the mage, yet he didn't waver in the slightest, not even an inch shifted as he looked into the skies; his eyes directly set upon the flying object. Just a couple of meters away from impact, it suddenly stopped right before approaching too close to the pillar structures; the sheer stop of momentum created a small shockwave that blew the drizzle of rain ever-slightly.

"It seems that you've arrived, pretty brave to approach here on your own... Maybe put some forethought into what you are going to do, you might never know that simple-minded thoughts of yours could bring you to your demise despite being as strong as you boast." He taunted as he looked straight into the eyes of the magus who had just arrived before the commander.

"I think I prefer what I do as a type of bravery and courage, unlike you who is confident enough to lure me straight here. You even set up this barrier in the hopes I would just run into it, didn't you... Third Commander of the Demon King's army, Ambroze." Julius said arrogantly as he set his hand upon the multiple layers of defense that encapsulated the entirety of the field Ambroze stood within.

"Then let's put that to the test shall we, or do you prefer if I come out there and face you myself like you entailed this as a type of cowardice..." Ambroze spoke yet he fully knew that in the event they fought on equal terms, he wouldn't stand a chance against the monster of strength his opponent held.

"Hmph, that won't be necessary since it won't change anything in the slightest... I shall fight you one on one head on from this contraption you've set for me so graciously~" He said, a smile set on the face of the magus as once in his lifetime he allowed for his foe to take the upper playing field while he solely relied upon the strength he carried with pride.

As the commander watched from below, he saw the companion of the hero point the palm of his hand to the barrier that laid before him. Mana then came to gather around the hand of Julius and quickly, it escalated to that of a dangerously high level. The very fact he was able to gather this amount made it seem like he was gathering the source of it from nothingness. A spell of devastating strength then came to blast away the barriers Ambroze set up like it was nothing and upon the plates of the spell fell and shatter, he looked towards Julius with a smile reflecting back of the uneasiness and the anxiety that remained at the bottom of his stomach.