Chapter 60: The puppeteer and the witch

Sitting on a rock, he overlooked his monstrously large army on stand-by in the great forests. Each remained still with their minds still focused upon their task and each one made each step and each move based on the commands of their puppeteer. While the enormous army on the sidelines stood their guard, there Eden stood atop a stone; his eyes closed as his mind came to ponder something while silence poured over where he was. He was fitted in winter clothing for snow was gradually piling in the landscapes seeing as how a storm had recently passed and while his breath came to be visible blowing out hot air in the cold environment, he did his best to rest while he could in that time.

A day had passed since Naypaulm had passed his authority over to him and though he managed the entire army well like he was supposed to do, it was not as if he wasn't fatigued because of it. His position was tiring and it was then he contemplated employing more captains and commanders to push forth the entire force he wielded. Before he could even step up to consider it, someone walked up toward him, and there with her dazzling blades and fierce expression, Rosemary looked toward her leader.

"Looks like you haven't been holding up very well, I guess all this traveling has taken the breath out of everyone. It was a good choice to allow the Dragonborn to rest, I would've had to take much more drastic measures if they even started to slow down. I'm raring for the next fight, my arms are itching for something intense after my previous defeat. Maybe I should just take the initiative and blitz through everything so we'll have a much smoother time dealing with whatever is in our way~" She said in an arrogant tone as she started shining her blade with care toward both the cleanliness and the sharpness of the weapon.

"Please remain still for now Rosemary, it has only been a day since our fight. In any case, I would've allowed for such a thing to blow over but this time it is quite crucial for our victory. I'm sure you already felt it during your defeat, they are ones that shouldn't be reckoned with, especially that demon king who barely survived our attacks. It is unfortunate they got away but with those wounds, he won't be at his full power once we decide our march and invasion toward the kingdom of Hekald." He said as he looked toward the map, a pen in hand as he redrew and revised the plans for the upcoming full-fledged war; his mind concentrating while he tried to see any flaw in his complex arrangements along with accounting with any possibilities to arrive.

They sat by each other but suddenly, something came up with a feeling in the back of his mind that suggested the absence of something. He knew it well and the second he felt it he already realized what had happened to the gift he sent into the demon kingdom. He folded his map and stood up, raising the eyebrow of the sword saint as she then came to wonder what could he be doing at this moment instead of waiting. She stood up alongside him, curious about what could be troubling his mind, and at that moment, she saw him looking into the skies with a smile.

"I seem to have underestimated them once again, I didn't expect one to die so soon in this operation... They truly do surprise me in every instance, I really should've just tried playing safe, shouldn't I... But that confirms it, there really is someone who could perceive it, and it seems the holy kingdom is collaborating with them seeing as how it was drawn out of hiding. No matter, it is but one of many, and the rest shall either complete or impede their progress in preparations. Rosemary, tell the rest that we'll be moving out soon, we have to arrive as soon as possible at the allocated positions, we don't have time to rest for too long. The timing of it must be perfect or the plans will end up becoming chaotic and more incoherent." Eden commanded as Rosemary rushed off with a playful salute; her demeanor stating that she wasn't taking the task as seriously as he hoped yet he was glad that she could at the very least relay and pass the information as told.

His experience as an ex-hero and previous captain of Garrison have given him great insight into his current position and with it, he had to live up to his expectation of the past. His leadership must be just as or even greater than his past skills, the trifling task he had on hand leaving him unable to rest until the final moments when he sat atop the very world. Til the day he tumbles and falls into exhaustion, he as the follower of the God of Darkness, Khonsus shall pursue onward to the ultimate goal where he shall rise once more in the realm of mortals.