Chapter 44: Master of the Blood Arts

My feet danced along the training grounds while the leather sides of the shoes brushed along the tall grass there. With my agility, I came to rush along the grounds and as I came to jump over an obstacle, blood formed in my hands as it formed a long and straight object, I promptly with one charged hit, shot it forth into the distance where the spear shot straight through the dummy before me and on the other side of the area.

It had been four days since I'd begun training and I had now learned everything I could regarding the royal blood arts passed down by the Demon King. Though much could be improved, there wasn't any time left since that will come soon. What Jackie said that day was truly something we couldn't even put our finger onto, everything that came out of that cat-kind's mouth had terrifying connotations. What she spilled off the plans Eden had meticulously drawn out was simply something we couldn't gloss over, no matter how busy we were in this stage of the war.

Gardenia has already set out with Ambroze and Lambrie. The three of them had set off towards the front lines where Christan's right-hand man, Quartlze was in charge of rallying the troops and defending their fortresses. The two other commanders were gone too, heading off with the mission of taking care of scouting out invading soldiers towards the outskirts of the battlefield, where they would surely appear to gain as much advantage as they could in the war to lessen the strength of their foes as much as possible.

As for what I was doing here, I had been given the task to set off alongside Bismuth and the three other women left in the kingdom. Christan mentioned that after evaluating the archbishop's strength, he deemed him worthy to assist their plans during this war. Along with that, he had supposedly made an agreement with that uptight man, though I didn't get any info regarding what it was, he assured me that he would be of use during this secretive operation that was being carried out.

As the dummies before me rushed me down to subdue me, I promptly backed off and I shot away with blood daggers to slow their movements. Yet they didn't flinch but instead charged forward to attune to my attack patterns. The intelligence of the golems was phenomenal, they were able to adjust their movements this much in but a span of a couple of days of using them. Yet it is for naught for as I dodged their attacks and came out unscathed a small distance away, I drew my sword towards them. With the coat of blood and the added layer of the aura, I slashed them down instantaneously, and as dirt from the training floors came to be knocked up, what was left was but a large slash mark left by my blade that stretched across the entire roof of the top floor; the indentation deep enough to barely reveal the room below it.

As the maids and butlers rushed up to assess the damage, I promptly apologized and soon, I was off to meet up with Bismuth and the others; the group of people that will be accompanying me for this journey to stop Eden's track in interfering in this war. With my items ready to go, I soon found Varissa, Elder Maruvel, Killia, and the critically acclaimed Bismuth waiting for me in the lobby of the main castle...

...

...

...

His white robes wavered as the pope moved and walked ahead of all his holy knights. As his crown of gold came to reflect the light of the sun, he slowly but surely arrived at the very entrance of his kingdom. Much work still needed to be done for the repairs of the kingdom though his hardworking people were making good progress in tending to the damages that had been dealt with weeks prior. With his holy staff in hand and a book neatly stored in a pouch tied to his waist, he took a deep breath in preparation as he waited for the other kingdoms to arrive.

The reason he came in person to this expedition was to show good faith in the newly formed alliance with the other kingdoms. Though he was the highest rank priest in the Holy Kingdom, he was an exceptional holy magic caster and was only rivaled by the strength of the archbishop himself. As for who was to stand in for his absence, Cardinal Welt was there to manage things along with other stand-in personnel in the castle.