Out Of The Woods (2)

Today is the day. College acceptances for UCLA should be out today. I keep my phone on me all day and my heart pounds every time it buzzes. Ive only had texts from mom and matt.

" dont worry, your too smart for them to turn you down." He reassures me and i smile. " stop you dummy." I say and he kisses my forehead.

" i have math, ill see you later." I say and kiss his hair before heading to math. I hear a scream as im getting stuff out my locker and a girl is clutching her phone to her chest and jumping around. " NYU!!!" She screams and her friends are hugging her. I smile at her and swallow the bile rising in my throat.

What if i dont get in?

Im sitting in math class when the door is swung open. " UCLA posted acceptances, everyone look!" She shouts and the teacher tries to get people to settle down. " quiet!" He shouts but im already pressing all the buttons to see if i got in.

dear Miss y/l/n,

Were so delighted go announce your acceptance into our campus. We look forward to having you...

" i got in." I whisper to myself and someone clamps there hands on my shoulder. " well done." He says and i smile. I get my bag and my chair screeches against the tile and i rush down the corridor to the lacrosse field.

My walk turns to a sprint and as soon as i see matt i jump into his arms. " i got in!" I shout and he pulls me in for a kiss.

" i got the full scholarship! IM MOVING TO LA." I say and he smiles and says he's so proud of me. " your out now." He says and happy tears stream my face.

The rest of the day i feel like im in the clouds, everything is so surreal. By the end of the day nothing can dampen my mood.

I walk into my house to my mom stirring soup. " i got into UCLA." I smile and she wraps her arms around me and i do the same.

" DAN, she got into UCLA." She shouts and my dad walks in a scowl on his face. " i thought we agreed on a state school." He says. " well i got a full scholarship so its the opportunity of a life time." I smile and he shakes his head. " no, wait to hear from state schools." He says and i shake my head. " no." I say.

" i worked hard to get in. Im not missing it to live here and get beaten for the rest of my life. This is my life. I worked for this." I say and he laughs. " get your shit packed and leave my goddamn house." He shouts and i smile. " gladly." I say and he shoves me as i walk off. I smash my nose into the floor and it bleeds. My mom tries to rush over but he holds her back. She smashes her fists into his chest and eventually she punches him.

The room goes silent. No one talks and i just stand there and hold my nose. " GET THE FUCK OUT!" My dad snaps and i just head for the door.

" if she goes i do." My mom says and my dad raises a brow. " good, you can fuck off too." He says and heads into the back garden while we pack suitcases. Since im moving soon we pack everything up. My mom just packs for a week.

" where do we go." She says. I grab her hand and we pack up the car and head for the triplets. I knock on the door and jimmy opens the door and gasps. To be honest i have blood covering half my face, we look crazy.

" whos there honey, oh my-." Mary lou gasps and ushers us in too. The boys run down and matt rushes to me quickly, holding my face in his hands.

" what happened." Matt asks. " we left, well he kicked me out, mom left him." I say.

" left who." Jimmy asks and grabs my moms hand. " my dad was abusing us." I say and my mom holds me and cries. " im so sorry honey." She cries and i whimper in her arms. " i love you mom." I say and she kisses my head.

I shower and my mom heads to nicks room to clean up for dinner. Nick says he will sleep in chris' room and my mom can stay in his. " thank you, i love you." I whisper to him when he closes the door to his room after showing her to it.

At dinner i tell them about UCLA. They are all so happy for me and my mom tells them shes so proud of me.

After dinner the triplets parents Recommend that my mom should call the police.

" its okay, your safe now." Mary lou says and my mom nods and dials the number. 15 minutes later sirens pass the house and we stand on the street and see as they haul my dad into the back of the car.

A month later...

A month has really changed my life. Im 18 and graduated, best day of my life. I live in LA in the dorms and my mom has a cute little cottage in LA near me. Shes dating another guys and he goes very slow with her and i eat dinner at their house every Sunday, and he treats her well. I made sure.

My mom got her money back and she got her clothes. My dad got 2 years in prison and he tries to send letters to apologise but they dont mean shit. There divorced now and im looking to get a restraining order for me and mom.

The triplets moved out her to pursue youtube and there house is about 30 mins away from campus so i see them sometimes daily. Me and matt are a year strong and have never been better.

Im leaving my class and when i get to my dorm matt is laid on my bed. " hello." I smile and dump my bag and lay next to him.

" how are you." He asks. " perfect." I say and kiss him. " my classes are great, and i already have friends." I say and he smiles and takes my head and kisses me.

" were finally out of the woods."  I say and he raises his brow. " what?" He laughs. " its Taylor's song, out of the woods." He looks puzzled so i play the song for him.

" were out the woods." He says and pulls me close for a kiss. I kiss him and run my fingers through his hair.