V1-Chapter 2: A new beginning

(Third person Pov)

Dylan, who was seated inside the Bullhead, looked out the window, one among many eagerly awaiting their arrival at Beacon Academy. His attention was suddenly diverted from the view when two girls nearby began chatting loudly enough for Dylan to overhear, even though he knew eavesdropping was rather disrespectful.

 His attention was suddenly diverted from the view when two girls nearby began chatting loudly enough for Dylan to overhear, even though he knew eavesdropping was rather disrespectful

...: "Oh, I can't believe my baby sister is going to Beacon with me! This is the best day ever."

exclaimed the blonde-haired girl as she engulfed her supposed younger sister in a crushing hug, eliciting a grunt and a plea for release from the latter.

...: "But I'm so proud of you."

...: "Really, sis, it's nothing."

...: "What do you mean it's nothing? It was incredible! Everyone at Beacon will think you're the bee's knees!"

...: "Well, I don't want to be the bee's knees, okay! I don't want to be any kind of knees. I just want to be a normal girl with normal knees."

...: "What's with you? Aren't you excited?"

...: "Of course, I'm excited. It's just... I got moved ahead two years. I don't want people to think I'm special or anything."

The younger girl confessed, looking down, troubled by the prospect of standing out.

Dylan, overhearing the conversation, thought to himself.

Dylan: (So she was pulled ahead as well? Maybe there are more around here like us.)

He pondered the idea, realizing that being treated as special might not be as appealing as it sounds.

...: "But you are special."

Lisa: "Thank you. In other news, this Saturday's Faunus civil rights protest took a dark turn when members of the White Fang disrupted the ceremony. The once peaceful organization has now become aggressive."

Suddenly, a new voice broke the ambient murmur of conversations among the students.

...: "Hello and welcome to Beacon."

...: "Who's that?"

The blonde girl whispered to her sister, who seemed to recognize the woman.

Glynda: "My name is Glynda Goodwitch. You are among the privileged few who have received the honor of being selected to attend this prestigious academy. Our world is experiencing an unprecedented time of peace, and as future Huntsmen and Huntresses, it is your duty to uphold it. You have demonstrated the courage needed for such a task, and now it is our turn to provide you with the knowledge and training to protect our world."