V2-Chapter 19: No brakes

(Third-person POV)

The team shared one last look before they all leaped into the sinkhole, descending into the underground city. Meanwhile, Ruby found herself at the mercy of Roman Torchwick, being tossed around in their confrontation.

 Meanwhile, Ruby found herself at the mercy of Roman Torchwick, being tossed around in their confrontation

Roman Torchwick: "Hahaha! You are much more manageable without that oversized gardening tool of yours."

Ruby refused to be dominated in this manner. Fueled by renewed determination, she rose to lunge at Roman, only to be tripped once more by his cane.

Roman: "Oh man. You know Perry? I really did need this, hahaha. But seriously, how did you find this place red?"

Ruby responded with an audible grunt and swiftly used her semblance to dash away from Roman, creating distance between them.

Roman: "Wow!"

Roman fired the handle of his cane, transforming it into a hook that snared its target. Ruby, unfortunately, didn't manage to escape far before she was caught and pulled back towards the criminal.

Roman: "I see you got some tricks up your sleeve! But let me make one thing clear, we're not through here yet."

Unfortunately for Roman, his plans for Ruby had to be put on hold as explosions erupted nearby, drawing attention away from their confrontation.

Roman: "Perry, if you and the boys could take care of that. Kinda in the middle of something."

"The White Fang member nodded, ready to initiate the search, but was abruptly halted by another, even louder explosion, this time alarmingly close to their position.

Roman: "What is going on here!?"

Their confusion was short-lived. Moments later, several White Fang grunts were seen fleeing from something, only to be overwhelmed by a massive wave that swept them away. Ruby recognized this signature move immediately and seized the opportunity to dash towards her approaching teammates.

Roman: "Somebody kill her!"

Roman, along with numerous White Fang members, opened fire towards Ruby, only to miss every shot. Realizing his efforts were proving futile, Roman commanded the men around him to initiate the train's departure.

Roman: "Attach this cart and spread the word! Where starting the train."

White Fang member: "But we aren't finished yet."

Roman: "Do it! Or you're finished."

Ruby was nearly within reach of her friends when she was suddenly thwarted by grunts blocking her path forward.