V3-Chapter 23: Family reunion for some

(Weiss's POV)

As the day's final match wrapped up, we were gearing up to congratulate our friends on advancing to the next round. However, my focus shifted when I spotted my sister's ship appearing from the direction of the stadium. Seized by a sudden urgency, I grabbed Dylan and made a dash for the exit, with Ruby trailing behind us.

 Seized by a sudden urgency, I grabbed Dylan and made a dash for the exit, with Ruby trailing behind us

Dylan: "Easy there, what's going on Weiss?"

Ruby: "Weiss, what's the big deal?"

Weiss: "Winter."

Ruby/Dylan: "Your sister?"

Although I had mentioned my sister to Dylan and Ruby in the past, their expressions of surprise suggested they hadn't fully grasped the significance, as if hearing about her for the first time. Despite their reactions, my focus remained undeterred; my primary concern was seizing the opportunity to greet my sister.

Weiss; "Winter! Winter, I'm so happy to see you! Oh, your presence honor's us."

Dylan: "Do I need to be formal?"

I was taken aback by his crudeness in such a moment, prompting me to react with a sharp elbow to his side, eliciting a grunt of pain from him. Ruby, finding amusement in Dylan's discomfort, couldn't help but let out a soft giggle.

Winter: "Beacon. It's been a long time, The air feels different."

Ruby; "I mean, it is fall, so it's probably colder."

I should have anticipated her awkward remark, and I reacted in the same manner as I did with Dylan delivering a punch to her shoulder. The impact left her momentarily stunned.

 The impact left her momentarily stunned

Weiss: "So, what are you doing here?"

Winter: "Classified."

Weiss: "Oh right... How long are you staying?"