V1-Chapter 7: No matter the reason, we're friends

(Third-Person POV)

The day of the Vytal Festival preparations had finally arrived, and the kingdom was abuzz with activity as decorations began adorning every corner. Weiss, feeling the excitement of the festival, decided it was the perfect day to venture off the school grounds. Despite her team's initial reluctance and hints of wanting to do something else, Weiss's determination prevailed, and she managed to persuade them to join her on the outing.

 Despite her team's initial reluctance and hints of wanting to do something else, Weiss's determination prevailed, and she managed to persuade them to join her on the outing

Weiss: "The Vytal Festival! Oh! This is absolutely wonderful!"

Ruby: "I've never seen you smile this much, Weiss. It's kinda weirding me out."

Weiss: "How could anyone not smile? A festival celebrating cultures from around the world! There will be dances, parades, a tournament-the planning and organization behind this event is simply breathtaking."

Yang sighed, questioning why she let Weiss drag everyone along.

Yang: "You really know how to take a good thing and make it sound boring."

Weiss: "Quiet, you!"

Dylan: "I'm with Yang on this one. I was actually looking forward to helping Ren with the cooking."

Blake, intrigued by Dylan's mention of cooking, had to know more.

Blake: "What were you guys planning to make?"

Dylan: "Ren wanted to try out churros. We even went shopping for ingredients yesterday after classes. Everything was going smoothly until Nora got involved with the batter..."

As Dylan chuckled, Blake instantly understood the challenge of cooking with Nora around.

Ruby: "Ohhh, when you guys do make them, I want some too!"

Weiss: "Dylan! You promised not to bring that up again. I think hearing you complain about it for hours was quite enough. Don't you think?"

Dylan: "Yeah, yeah, sorry, Snow Angel."

Yang: "Snow Angel, huh? That's a great nickname, Diddy. But what about mine?"

Yang teased, leaning in to whisper in Dylan's ear, causing him to blush.

Blake: "Yang, stop it! Leave him alone."

Yang: "Oh? Is someone jealous?"

Dylan was surprised to see Blake stepping in this time. Yang had been teasing him whenever she got the chance, and the girls would always come to his rescue, putting an end to her antics. Eventually, Yang backed off.

Yang: "Remind me again why we're spending our Friday afternoon at the docks?"

Ruby: "They smell like fish..."