V4-Chapter 34: Remembrance

(The Schnee estate, Weiss POV)

Klein's request for me to speak with my father immediately filled me with apprehension, suspecting it might be my disposition he wished to critique. In my view, my actions had been faultless. Yet, this impending conversation wasn't the sole weight on my mind. The possibility loomed large that I might never see Ruby and the others again. However, my most profound concern was for Dylan. Since that fateful night, silence has shrouded his fate. Is he well? Has he awakened from his coma? My mind swirls with questions, each echoing unanswered.

 Is he well? Has he awakened from his coma? My mind swirls with questions, each echoing unanswered

It's been an eternity since I've felt this way. The absence of Dylan's infectious optimism, a light I had only just begun to embrace, plunges me back into shadows. I'm reverted to my former self—a girl adrift, silently yearning for rescue. Yet, compelled by necessity, I navigate the empty expanse of the mansion's corridors, making my way to my father's office.

My introspection was abruptly cut short by Whitley. Unlike Yang and Ruby's bond, the relationship between my brother and me teeters on the brink of hostility.

 Unlike Yang and Ruby's bond, the relationship between my brother and me teeters on the brink of hostility

Whitley: "Good afternoon sister, a pleasure seeing you out of your room for a change."

Weiss: "Hello, Whitley... you're in a cheery mood today."

Whitley: "Klein made crêpes for breakfast."

At that moment, engaging with my brother was the last thing I wanted; my mind was already a tempest of thoughts and emotions.

Weiss: "What do you want?"

Whitley: "I heard father shouting with someone in the study earlier."

Weiss: "Mother?"

Whitley: "No, she's already drinking in the garden. I think it was a man. I just wanted to warn you, I heard he asked to speak with you."

Weiss: "I'll be fine..."