V3-Chapter 22: New Challenger

The day's second match kicked off, with Dylan and his teammates settling into seats in the third row. The upcoming battle pitted Team JNPR against Team BRNZ, and the desire to emerge victorious burned fiercest in Jaune.

 The upcoming battle pitted Team JNPR against Team BRNZ, and the desire to emerge victorious burned fiercest in Jaune

(Jaune's POV)

Professor Port: "3, 2, 1"

Jaune: "Come on, guys, let's bring it home."

Professor Port: "Begin."

As the match commenced, both our teams charged towards each other, resulting in a direct clash. Pyrrha skillfully blocked an opponent's kick and countered his barrage of slashes with her weapon. Meanwhile, a member of the opposing team repositioned herself and began targeting us with sniper fire. Spotting the telltale glint of her scope, I quickly directed my friends to withdraw from her line of sight, prioritizing our safety.

 Spotting the telltale glint of her scope, I quickly directed my friends to withdraw from her line of sight, prioritizing our safety

Jaune: "Retreat guys!"

Seeking safety, we all dashed towards the nearest available cover, which happened to be a cluster of rocks. Pyrrha and I promptly raised our shields, effectively blocking the barrage of incoming fire.

Pyrrha: "What do we do, Jaune?"

The opposing team, emboldened by having a sniper among them, began advancing on our position. Given the disadvantage our cover presented against a sniper, we realized that staying mobile was our best option to maintain an evasion advantage.

Jaune: "Just keep moving, don't stop, they can't hit us all at once."

With a strategic nod, the opposing team signaled their sniper to target Ren, placing him in a precarious situation. Tasked with fending off an immediate assailant while simultaneously dodging sniper fire, Ren found himself stretched too thin. Despite his valiant efforts, he couldn't manage both threats at once and was caught off guard by a shocking hit from the other team's weapon to his abdomen.