V4-Chapter 33: We must press on

(The end of Beacon,Steven's POV)

After hours of relentless fighting, the chaos began to wane, largely due to the efforts of the professional huntsmen and teachers. They had initiated the task of gathering the remaining students, stepping in to bring order even before we could make our way to the courtyard.

Nadia: I'll look for Freya, go meet up with Dylan..."

Steven: "No don't, you and Alice are exhausted; leave finding the others to Qrow and me."

I gently assisted my wife in sitting down beside our sleeping daughter, who had finally given in to exhaustion.

Qrow: "He's right; maybe we can meet up with their friends and see if they know there whereabouts."

Finding the idea reasonable, I saw no need to protest and agreed to go along with it.

Steven: "Sounds good."

Just as we were about to depart, Nadia caught hold of my shirt, a silent indication she had something to say.

Nadia: "Bring our babies home..."

Acknowledging her request, I quickly set off with Qrow towards the students we had encountered just before the chaos unfolded.

Qrow: "I have a bad feeling about this."

Steven: "We will find them and do anything necessary to do so."

Qrow: "Yeah, we will."

As we approached the students, we were unexpectedly ambushed by Coco, one of Dylan's numerous friends.

Coco: "Yo, you must be Dylan's old man, right?"

Steven: "Yes, I am, in fact. Have you seen him by any chance?"

Coco: It seems we're both left in the dark, I've had no contact with him since the chaos started, and he's not the only one we've lost touch with."

Qrow: "We're well aware of that; that's why we came, so stay put and be ready to board the next airship to Vale and leave the rest to us."

Having chosen our initial destination, we began to move forward, yet Coco paused us with one final remark she needed to share.

Coco: "Oh, one more thing I did hear from a teammate that Dylan decided to face off against a certain Grimm, but I'm in no condition to check even if I really wanted to..."