V2-Chapter 16: Hydro's ready for anything

As the echoes of the dance faded into the background, every first-year student found themselves on the cusp of a new chapter—preparing for their very first mission under the guidance of an experienced huntsman.

However, beneath the surface of this eager preparation, a more sinister undercurrent threatened the peace of the school, a traitor.

(Third-person POV)

Ironwood: "They were here

Ironwood: "They were here. Ozpin they were here!"

Glynda: "We are very much aware of that. Thank you, James."

Ironwood: "Fantastic, you're aware. Now are we going to do something about it, or just stay the course and ignore what's right in front of us."

In the quiet confines of Beacon Academy, a tense meeting unfolded as General James Ironwood and Professor Glynda Goodwitch deliberated over the grave matter of the traitor within their midst, amidst their contemplation, a decision was made to involve Ruby Rose who was the only student to have been on the scene.

Ruby: "Sorry it took so long. Someone pushed all the buttons on the elevator, it wasn't me..."

Ozpin: "Thank you for coming, Ruby. How are you feeling?"

Ruby: "Okay, I guess. I would feel better if my bad guy's catching record would be 0-3."

The adults either didn't understand the joke or were too serious to attempt a laugh, resulting in an awkward situation.

Ruby: "Okay... So that's the tone were going for, got it."

Ironwood: "Ruby

Ironwood: "Ruby. I feel it's appropriate to let you know, that I think what you did last night is exactly what being a huntress is all about. You recognized a treat, took action, and you did the very best you could."

Ruby: "Thank you, sir."

Ozpin: "Now. The general here has already informed us on the events, that transpired last night. But now that you're rested, we were wondering if you had anything to add."