V4-Chapter 35: You're bursting with potential

(Third-person POV)

The day began on an exhilarating note. Sylvie, having just risen, started to take down the tent. Meanwhile, Dylan and Nasima embarked on a daring leap off the cliff where they had camped a challenge inspired by Dylan's desire to learn floating techniques from Nasima.

Dylan: "Why the hell would you do that, Nasima?!"

As the guardian plummeted towards what seemed like his inevitable end, he closed his eyes and fervently prayed to dear Oum for salvation. In a miraculous turn, his prayers were answered when Nasima caught his hand mid-fall.

 In a miraculous turn, his prayers were answered when Nasima caught his hand mid-fall

Nasima: "If you keep panicking like that, you'll never master it, hahaha!"

Dylan: "Oh sorry! Want me to stay calm while I'm dropping to my death!?"

Nasima: "I don't understand why you're having so much trouble, You did just fine back in my realm."

Dylan, taking deep, measured breaths, gradually began to regain his composure in Nasima's presence.

Dylan: "Look Nasima, I wasn't even aware at first, and secondly I didn't even do anything, it just happened."

Nasima: "I need you to focus and equally separate my power around your body, don't just keep it in one spot like you did back with that Grimm."

Dylan: "Look, I would love to try, but I'm not feeling safe even if you're holding my hand."

Nasima: "You're not alone in this, Dylan. I'm right beside you, we're going to reach beyond the clouds together."

Dylan, still grappling with his uncertainty about the entire experience, knew he had to muster his courage and embrace Nasima's teachings. Only then would he be able to stay afloat when the moment demanded.

Dylan: "Alright no more being a coward! Let's do this Nasima I'm feeling much better now."

Nasima: "That's the spirit master! Envision the sky as just another bridge you stand on even if it is an invisible one."

Nasima, still clasping Dylan's hands, observed as he closed his eyes once again. However, this time, his face was etched with determination. A deep concentration seemed to radiate from within him, enveloping his entire being. Gradually, Dylan's body began to emit a soft green glow, signaling the awakening of his power.