V3-Chapter 29: The beginning of the end

(Third-person POV)

Despite the turmoil surrounding Dylan's assault on Mercury, the tournament couldn't be halted. Sadly, our guardian Dylan was no longer a participant. Instead, Pyrrha was chosen by the team to uphold Beacon's honor and aim for victory. However, Pyrrha was battling her own internal conflict at the time. Meanwhile, Professor Ozpin, along with Phantom and Canary, observed the chosen combatants, Pyrrha Nikos and Penny Polendina, with keen interest.

 Meanwhile, Professor Ozpin, along with Phantom and Canary, observed the chosen combatants, Pyrrha Nikos and Penny Polendina, with keen interest

Nadia: "I wonder who he's going to cheer for?"

Steven: "Indeed, they are both great friends of his, which might make it challenging for him to pick a side."

Nadia: "Well, I'm rooting for Pyrrha without a doubt."

Steven: "I have been interested in that Penny girl. I still wonder how she's able to fight the way she does; it's fascinating."

Ozpin: "Don't you all not feel something might be coming?"

Steven/Nadia: "We didn't say that we weren't aware that something was up."

Ozpin: "Just as I predicted."

(Inside Dylan's room)

Alice: "Big bro, it's Pyrrha against Penny!"

Dylan: "Really?! I guess that makes it more interesting."

Alice: "Pyrrha's going to kick butt for sure."

Dylan: "I wouldn't underestimate Penny; she's pretty versatile in her way of fighting, that could en up disorienting Pyrrha if she's not careful."

Alice: "Sounds like you're on team Penny for this one."

Dylan: "Not necessarily; I'm just clearing up some facts, and besides, it doesn't matter much to me anyway..."

Alice: "I still think it's unfair what happened..."

Dylan: "Yeah, but what can I do? The only thing I can do is cheer everyone else on and hope to leave this whole drama behind me by the end of the semester."

Alice: "Yeah, I'm sure it's going to fly over everyone's heads by then."

Dylan: "That would be pretty awesome."

The siblings shared a laugh as they watched the live broadcast, eagerly awaiting the battle between Pyrrha and Penny to begin at any moment.

(On the battlefield)