7. race wars

Sophia cheered as Letty won another race

Sophia cheered as Letty won another race. She tried to make it seem like she was okay but in reality she was anxious. She had a bad feeling in the pit of her stomach. The last time she had a bad feeling about a race, her dad died. 

Dom was more adamant on this cargo steel, Jesse was nervous, Leon, Vince and Letty tried to hide their nerves but Sophia could easily see how nervous they were. Brian was acting more fidgety and more protective over her. 

Despite her older sister protesting Sophia not to go, Mia allowed it as long as she stays out of trouble especially what the crew was planning that no one has gotten into detail with her.  Mia stay home to to study more for her exam but asked for updates from Sophia.

Sophia pulled her car up to the starting line, pushing her sunglasses down over her eyes, rolling her window down. 

"Hey sweet checks." Sophia rose an eyebrow and turned her head to the car beside her and her eyes landed on the male driver. 

"You should be watching from the side. I wouldn't want to get any exhaust on that pretty face."

"Why don't you put your money where your mouth is." Sophia said

"Well, how 'bout I race you for that sweet little ass?"

"How about you stop socializing?" Sophia asked him sassily. "You want an adrenaline rush, it would be too much for you to handle. Right here, right now. What's it gonna be?"

The man held up his own wad of cash. "You got it."

Sophia smirked as she put her wad of cash down, rolling her eyes when the racer blew kisses to her. The brunette glanced out into the crowd, a smile growing on her face when she spotted Brian standing beside Letty.

He locked eyes with her and winked, causing a small laugh to leave her lips.

Once being given the go, Sophia immediately took off. She shifted between gears, coming neck and neck with the man. She rolled her dark blown eyes as he hit his NOS way too early.

 "Too early, pendejo." She muttered to herself.

She waited until the right moment before she hovered her finger over the red button on her steering wheel, before pressing it. A gleeful laugh left her lips as her car launched forward, flying past the driver. She stuck her hand out the window and flipped the driver off before her car crossed over the finish line.

Sophia turned her car around and drove back to the starting line where a crowd surrounded her car. She was met with applause as she stepped out of her car, Letty walking up to her with a grin as they hugged. The other car pulled up beside them and he dejectedly got out of his car and made his way over to them, handing the money over. Sophia grabbed it with a smile before she shoved it into her wallet with the rest of her money.

The brunette looked around the crowd, frowning in disappointment when she couldn't see Brian anywhere. Letty noticed it and rubbed her arm. 

"Come on, let's go." The Latina said with a gentle smile. Sophia nodded her head and forced a smile as the pair made their way towards where the crew all sat.