43. pulled a me

It was an early Monday morning as Logan and Jessica decided to bake chocolate chip pancakes for Mia

It was an early Monday morning as Logan and Jessica decided to bake chocolate chip pancakes for Mia. Both of them not knowing what they're doing which was causing a big mess in the kitchen.

"Jessie I don't think we need to add any more chocolate," Logan let his daughter know as she was grabbing the chocolate chips.

"But it looks like it needs more," Jessie told her dad as she tried to move around him.

Before Jessie could even get up the step stole Logan grabbed her causing her to start laughing. Logan tried grabbing the chocolate chips from his daughter's hand but she kept moving it away from him.

"Jess come on give me the chocolate chips," He pleaded with his daughter.

"Can we please add bit more," Jessie asked as she was able to weasel her way out of her dad's arms.

"Come back," Logan whispered so he wouldn't wake up his wife, "Jess, Jessie."

Jessie was able to run behind the kitchen table moving in the opposite direction each time her dad moved towards her. Logan looked around noticing the kitchen was a mess, like pancake powder on the counter top and sink full of dishes.

If Mia walked down the stairs and saw how the kitchen was left, Logan would be dead. Especially since Jessica most likely might be late to school once again. Logan knew Mia was going to lose her head.

"Okay, I'll let you add more chocolate chips," Logan bargained with his daughter, "But only if you help me clean up."

"Deal," Jessie told him as she shook his hand.

Both started picking things up around the kitchen, making it look at least decent enough so they could continue making the pancakes. As they finished up the smell of smoke filled the room causing Logan to panic.

Logan forgot he had a test pancake on the stove still when all the chaos went down. Immediately the fire alarm went off causing it to be heard through out the house. Logan turned off the stove and grabbed a towel to fan the fire alarm.

"What in the world is going on here?" Mia yelled as she came down the stairs.

Her eyes widened as she saw the scene at hand were her husband waving at the fire alarm. She turned to only see her daughter pouring chocolate chips in bowl. Mia immediately ran to her daughter to stop her.

"Okay, I think that's enough," Mia told her as she put the bowl down.

Logan finally was able to get the fire alarm to stop causing him to pant out of exhaustion. Both Mia and Jessie stared at him confused how he was so tired.

"What?" He questioned the girls, "I was running around chasing you and then I had to make sure you mom didn't wake up which I failed miserably at."

"Okay, Jessie why don't you go get ready for school, " Mia told her, " I'll finish up here,"