8. betrayal

Sophia looked all over the map as she held it tightly in her hands, trying to determine her brother's whereabouts

 "Civics are stashed somewhere outside of Thermal." She informed Brian.

Brian sighed as he glanced over to her. "And they wouldn't double back, plus Highway ten is too well patrolled. So, what does that leave us with?"

"All this." Her eyes darted back down to the map, sighing.

Brian pulled out his phone from his pocket, hitting a button and putting it up to his ear, waiting for the person on the other end to pick up. "Yeah, this is Officer Brian O'Conner."

Sophia looked to him, astounded. You've got to be kidding, He lied about his own name.

 "Serial number 34762." Brian continued. "I need a cell phone trace. Okay. Sophia, what's the cell number?"

Sophia ignored him as she bit her lip looking out the window, forcing her tears away. "Sophia, what is it? Come on, Sophie. She needs Dom's cell phone number now."

She turned back to face Brian, pulling the phone from his hand. She blinked as she breathed out shakily, keeping her eyes locked with Brian's. "323 - 555 - 6439.

Brian took the phone back from her, Sophia shaking her head. "Thank you. Yeah, you get that?"

The car became silent once more, the only sound was the roar of the engine as they sped through the desert. Brian's phone rang and he quickly answered it, Sophia hearing small talking from the other end before he hung up. 

"Let me see this."

Sophia handed him the map that was placed in his lap, leaning closer to him in order to try and see where he was looking. "Alright, I think we're about forty miles away."

"What're you gonna do?" Sophia cleared her throat. Brain remained silent as Sophia pushed again. "What're you gonna do?"

Half an Hour Later

The car had been silent for the last half an hour or so as they neared where Brian suspected the crew was. Sophia's eyes widened in panic as she saw the sight ahead of her.

 "Holy shit." Brian looked over to her in concern as he saw her body stiffen. She saw Leon carrying a bruised and bloody Letty into his car from a flipped over car. 

"Brian, look." Brian followed where her finger was pointing and saw a horrible sight in front of them. 

Vince was hanging off the side of the truck, Dom's car smoking as it struggled to keep up. Brian sped up and drove beside the truck, seeing Vince's arm tangled in wire. Sophia's heart quickened as her brother's car swerved off to the side.

Sophia reached up and started to push at the top of the car, Brian giving it one last final shove before it flew off. 

"Take the wheel."