53. little bit of company

2019 ; Brian and Sophia's House

Sophia held a crying three year old, Alivia, who's been fighting her nap all day. Sophia had tried literally everything, driving around, putting on music and even singing. Brian tried to help but Alivia just cried even more. It surprised them how much energy she had for being small. She could probably run around a football field twice and still be wide awake.

So, Sophia was stuck in her daughter's room walking around with her in her hands. Brian had been downstairs with their son, Jake, and their new dog, Benito, in the kitchen as Jake was packing his soccer bag. As they packed a snack bag for Jake's soccer practice Brian decided to go check in on Sophia to see how she was doing.

"Livy it's nap time." Sophia was pleading with her daughter as she wiped Alivia's tears.

"But I want to stay up with you." Alivia told her mom as tears continued to fall down her cheek.

"I know but it's time take a quick nap," Sophia added hoping to convince her daughter to sleep so her daughter is able to sleep through the whole night.

"Why?" Livy kept questioning as she planted her face into her mom's shoulder.

"So, you are not grumpy in the morning," Sophia told her as she rubbed small circles on her daughter's back.

"I'm not grumpy when I wake up!" Protested the young O'Conner girl as she lifted her head up to look at her mom.

"I'm not saying you are Livy. Naps just help so you're not upset or sleepy." Sophia tried explaining.

"Sure you're not." Livy teased.

"Was that sass missy?" Sophia questioned her daughter who giggled.

Before any of them could even respond both Sophia and her took notice of Brian laughing in the doorway. Brian looked up when he didn't hear the bickering of his wife and daughter. As he looked up he saw his favorite girls staring at him.

"Sorry, I just wanted to check in." Brian apologized as he walked into Alivia's room.

"It's okay," Sophia reassured her husband, "Why don't you take Livy and explain why she needs to nap."

"Yea, I want dad." Livy butted in as Sophia quickly dropped her gaze at her daughter.

"Oh, I wish I could Livy but Jake has practice," Brian was explaining has he backed out of the room slowly.

"I can take Jake," Sophia told him while she went towards him.

"I already told him I was taking him," Brian responded as he was heading down the stairs.

"You are not trying to get out of this Bri." Sophia following her husband with Alivia in her arms out to the living room where Benito was sleeping.

"Love you mom," Jake told Sophia as he gave her a quick hug before leaving to the car.