chapter 14: games

Hers~>

It was finally Friday, I could relax without anyone pestering me about going to bed early Alhamdulilah.

Till Hala reminded me...

"Noori you donkey, we have to go to the football game at 5, did you forget?" She asked, stuffing her face with mangos.

"Ughh Hala I forgot." I sighed.

I completely forgot Mason told me with Khalil's dads accident and him kicking me out his room the last time I saw him.

Something happened with Khalil as well during the week. I'm not sure what, since I only find out from eavesdropping Samir's conversation with him on the phone.

"Come on Noori, all we do is go to uni and I'm quite tired with that and the hospital." Hala whined.

Ugh I wanted to go for Hala. She needed this break from it all and I wanted to help her.

"Fine, you donkey." I replied, making her squeal in response.

"Can I wear something of yours then?" Hala asked.

"Yeah you can wear whatever you want Hala." I said.

We later finished getting ready and were wearing matching abayas.

I wore the grey abaya while she wore the turquoise one

"Hala are we bussing it there or is Neha picking us up?" I asked, putting my phone in my bag.

"She's going with Zayan, so we'll bus it there." She replied while applying some lip gloss.

"She's going with Zayan?" I asked, turning to face her.

To be honest after reading those messages on Neha's phone, I felt very protective over her.

I was worried about her when she wasn't with me but I didn't want to say anything in case I was overthinking the situation.

But I never met Zayan all this time.

"Yeah why?" Hala asked, confused.

"Just...I don't know Hala. I- we really don't know a lot about him and I've never seen this guy before." I said.

Hala nodded her head in agreement which wasn't what I expected.

"You know what girl? You're right." Hala responded, the look on her face becoming serious.

"I am? I'm not overthinking this?" I asked.

"No you're not- well I think we're not. Even before your accident we never actually saw him often, he never really picked Neha up, ever. Whenever she got a phone call from him she was always tense." She said.

"You noticed too?" I asked.

"We both did, we talked about this once before your accident and was going to talk to her about to it. But couldn't." She trailed off.