chapter 24: positives

His~>

Before leaving the restaurant I waited with Noor inside, since she wanted to tell me something.

"If you don't mind me asking..." She trailed off,  not finishing her sentence.

"What is it, Noor?" I ask, curiously.

"You know when I had your wallet...I was just checking to see who's it was before I called you and I saw-" Noor said before I cut her off.

"You saw the picture of us?" I ask, quietly.

I was praying it wasn't the picture, mostly because I knew what she was going to ask next.

"Yeah, why do you still have it Khalil?" She sighs.

I look to my shoes, nervously. I didn't want to tell her the reason why I still kept it but I had to be honest with her, after all a relationship doesn't form with lies.

"I- I kept after your accident. When you had your first accident I found it in bag after I took you to the hospital." I reply.

"Wait, how'd you end up with my bag?" She asks, tilting her head up towards mine.

"Hala and Neha were gathering all the stuff that fell out of it after the accident and Hala gave it to me. So the real question is...why did you have it?" I ask, crossing my arms.

Noor quickly lowers her head and begins fidgeting with her scarf.

"Honestly my mind is still a bit fuzzy from the accidents, you know I had 2 right?" She says nervously, before leaving the restaurant in a rush.

"Yallah, let's not use that excuse now!" I call out to her, snickering as I catch up.

"I'm not." She replies, speed walking to Samir's car.

We'll see how far that will get you next time Noor, I say to myself before getting into my own car.

Hers~>

Neha and me arrived home to an empty house since my Abba and Samir were at work and my mum was currently at the neighbours house

"Did you get the matching niqab?" I ask Neha as she looks for the abaya she's going to wear tomorrow for the engagement.

"I can't find it, I swear I had it in the bag." She replies, looking around my room.

"Lemme check with you." I say as Neha checks her room.

I see something sticking out of her cream tote bag.

It's white and and at first I think it's a pen.

Stepping closer towards the bag I bent down to pick it up.

What on eart-

It was a pregnancy test.

There were 2 lines, clear as day.