You're the reason I hate pools.

"Btw, what happened to your friends?"

"Those delinquents were never my friends."

"Riiiiight, Rudy who always had his arm around your shoulder and Flint who you ate lunch with weren't your friends?" Nikolai spoke sarcastically, "what about Moses? you guys always smoked with and followed him around like dogs." he added.

"Niko...you know I was in the same spot as you?"

"Same spot? ohh! are you talking about the pool day seven years ago?...when you told me about the bet?"

"Niko, it started as a bet but it becam-!"

Nikolai cut him off, "it became what? real?
Jin...it was real, from my side that is...I really gave a shit about you."

"I did too! you have no idea how you made me a better person!" Jin said, he stopped cooking and walked closer to Nikolai leaving a small gap between them.

Flustered by his closeness, Nikolai turned his face away from Jin "Whatever, it's been seven years...I don't feel that way anymore." he said in a cold manner.

"I am not who I used to be anymore, You know seven years is a long time." Jin replied.

"The point being?"

"The point Niko, is that people can change in seven years... whether it's for the better or the worst, they can really change."

"I know, thanks to you Jin in these seven years I changed a lot, I lost weight and gained trust issues." Nikolai replied, he turned his head to face Jin who started chuckling, "what's so funny?" Nikolai asked.

Looking him in the eyes, "You used to be so cute when you were chubby Niko, squishy like a plushie." Jin said, he did his best to hold back from pinching Nikolai's cheeks like he used to do in the past.

"What?! Am I ugly now! am I ugly that I don't have the same round face that got me bullied!"

"No I didn't mean that!" Jin spoke defending himself, " You're getting cuter...I just missed pinching your cheeks, like I used to do whenever you act too cute." he added chuckling again.

Glaring at Jin "Talk about yourself! you were quite skinny back then, Moses pushed you around like a toothpick...now you look like a club bouncer." Nikolai said.

"I Decided to go to the gym, I needed it for many reasons like the job, it helped my mental health too." Jin explained.

"Speaking of the gym, I have a working out room in my house, you can use it."

"Thanks, I've seen that room yesterday when I checked the house...your house is like a safe haven for an introvert like me, you have everything you need to stay here."

"You're an introvert? since when?" Nikolai asked skeptical, "I changed a lot, i became that way...I don't know how to socialize like a normal person anymore." Jin replied.

Raising an eyebrow at him, "I'm starting to see why Andrea approved of you.

The funny thing, that even with a house like mine, I feel more comfortable outside." Nikolai said.

Unable to tolerate Jin's closeness to him, Nikolai mustered up the courage to walk few steps away from him.

Pulling a kitchen chair, Nikolai sat down while still giving Jin the same cold look in his eyes.

"You seem to hate the idea of staying home, do you have somewhere You like to go to?" Jin asked.

"I wanted to go to the beach, but Andrea wouldn't let me alone nor come with me, he wants me to use the pool instead...he doesn't know I hate pools."